Best matches discussion from WWECW

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A complete forgotten gem, Matt Hardy vs Finlay vs The Miz vs John Morrison (22nd Jul 08) was really good. It's on Dailymotion I believe.

I remember that being good. I remember seeing another fourway with Punk v Miz v Boogeyman v Big Daddy V which was surprisingly good.

Forgot to mention Bob Holly vs RVD. Most people only remember it for the massive cut on Holly's back, but there was a bloody good match going on around that.

Edit. This one

Yeah, that was a corker. If ECW was good for anything, it was allowing tired WWE mid carders to rediscover their mojo.

• Paid Members
Christian vs Zack Ryder was a good un'

This, and the battle royale is which Ryder won the title match was a blinder as well, one of the better Battle Royales i've seen in a long time. I think it onyl had 10 men in it, but it was given a decent time, and some of the elimination were much different from the "Generically push the man till he goes over the top" style of eliminations.

Has anyone said Christian vs Ezekiel Jackson from the Royal Rumble 2010? I think it was one of ECW's last matches, but it was class. One of Jacksons best outings for sure.

You beat me to it. Great match, best Big Zeke ever had at least.

There was also a decent little match between Striker & Punk, in which Striker went over.

The Monsters Battle Royal was pretty entertaining too. Kane Vs Menry Vs Big daddy V Vs Khali.

I'd say the only bad part of WWECW was Chavo and Kanes title runs. The rest was pretty class.

I'd say the only bad part of WWECW was Chavo and Kanes title runs. The rest was pretty class.

I dunno, Kane beating Chavo for the title might be one of the more interesting one on one matches Chavo's ever had.

Archived