Fight Club: PRO "Fight for the Future 2012" 15/6/12

Chris.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So hey, just back in from the show. Another great night at The Planet, albeit with a smaller crowd than usual because of the football. Next event is announced as July 6th, which as someone has already pointed out one of the nights Eddie Edwards is free so maybe (probably) MK gets his title shot at the next show. Big news is that they finally have FCP DVD's for sale. They were a bargain at

Another good show, although weaker than the two previous shows. The England game definitely hurt the draw and the atmosphere as at least 20% of the regulars weren't there. The opening tag match was decent. The Hunter Brothers are a great tag team and really should be getting used more outside the Midlands as we haven't really got that many brother tag teams in England and these two are slick, have some great double team spots and these two would fit in nicely against the more established tag teams around the UK. Their opponents were a bit crap tho and the match went on a bit too long. Dave Williams is the biggest shitarse of 2012. Chris Brookes trial series was about how much punishment he could take and survive from big bad Dave. And Dave had a lot of punishment to give with some stiff lariats, he didn't deem Brookes had suffered enough after a Finlay Roll/Senton combo so elected for a powerbomb that Brookes was able to reverse into a very tidy roll up pinfall for two. But Mastiff's powerbomb that ended it...... Damn. Brookes must have flown about two feet up in the air after the impact before the pinfall.

Spud and Margera continued turning the tide and each match progressing and building and getting better than the next. And while I think we all did expect Spud to find some way to get out of the match, he didn't. I personally was expecting more comedy and stalling at the beginning of the match as #operationmasspadding only resulted in being fourt t-shirts and a bikers helmet. He had bubblewrap which was not used unfortunately. But Margera ended Spud's tirade on the mic with a straight punch and then it was a back and forth hardcore match between the bigger guy with the hard on for those type of matches, against the smaller guy unable to get out of his situation and doing all he can to survive. Really good match actually, kendo sticks came into play along with a ladder, board with barbed wire wrapped around it, chair with barbed wire, a VCR and drawing pins. Spud ended up getting belly to back suplexed onto the pins and then a straight punch to the face afterwards for the win for Clint. Major props to Spud for going through all that.

And the main event was fantastic. When MK said at the end that the match was what Fight Club was all about, he wasn't kidding. The crowd came alive and was vocal the entire match as the crowd was split between the two fan favourites. There were kicks and chops/lariats a plenty between the two men. There was a testing out period between the two men at the beginning of the match as each tried to outpower the other, then it became a battle of strikes and then the big moves were broken out as BOMBS were getting thrown around like nobodys business. One especially massive one being a falcon arrow from the ring apron to the outside from Trent to MK that resulted in a sickening thud from the impact of both men. Fantastic main event and really shows that Trent and MK are two of England's best and really should be working up and down the country.

Initially I didn't want Fight Club to become a regular thing, I was going to just go to the shows with the imports I'd really wanna see on, but for a card with absolutely no imports, this show was well worth the journey and the fiver. I saw a few faces that go to shows around England showing that the FCP guys and experience was worth the trip even without the Americans on the show. In fact if it weren't for the England game, I bet they probably would have got a regular sized crowd from the previous two I'd experienced. That main event was the epitome of FCP and really made the show.

Sounds like a decent, fun show. Nice little round ups there gentlemen. I might have to grab a DVD to see the main event, as by all accounts it was a great contest. I hope we do get Eddie vs MK at the next show.

Big news is that they finally have FCP DVD's for sale. They were a bargain at

As mentioned in other posts the England game affected the crowd in both numbers and atmosphere, which was a shame as the absent fans missed out as the FCP guys put on a great show as usual.

I thought the first 2 matches were enjoyable enough, but it was always going to be the second 2 matches that would be the ones everyone was going to be talking about.

I thought although the death match was less violent than the last times, (which was always going to be the case considering Masada was in the last one!) I thought they worked it really well and told a good story through the match making the most of Spuds character and teased the various big bumps and weapon spots so they really meant something when they happened. Fair play to Spud for taking as much as he did, really didn't expect that.

MK and Trent did what they do best and just went hell for leather and put on a great show with one or 2 holy shit spots. The match and result sends MK into his long awaited and built up title match with Eddie with a lot of momentum.

Hopefully MK vs Eddie next month and MK or Trent vs Davey in August so those matches have so much potential. It will be well worth making the effort to get to one of those if you are on the fence and haven't made it to a FCP show yet, you can't ask for a better show for

Hopefully MK vs Eddie next month and MK or Trent vs Davey in August so those matches have so much potential. It will be well worth making the effort to get to one of those if you are on the fence and haven't made it to a FCP show yet, you can't ask for a better show for

Hopefully its MK vs Davey seeing as Seven vs Davey has already happened (doubt that match was filmed :/ )

I think it probably was, they have filmed every show for a long time now for training purposes.

There was a rumour that there might be a best of FCP from 2011 at one point (which that match would almost certainly be on) but not heard anything else since. So depending on how well it was filmed it still might see the light of day at some point.

Hopefully its MK vs Davey seeing as Seven vs Davey has already happened (doubt that match was filmed :/ )

I think it probably was, they have filmed every show for a long time now for training purposes.

There was a rumour that there might be a best of FCP from 2011 at one point (which that match would almost certainly be on) but not heard anything else since. So depending on how well it was filmed it still might see the light of day at some point.

Hope this DVD does get made, Really want to see that match plus Eddie vs Trent vs Nigel from Infinity.

Watched Resolution last night, Fun show. Spud is just brilliant. Really couldn't tell if Mastiff was being serious when he went up to that fan

• Paid Members

Hope this DVD does get made, Really want to see that match plus Eddie vs Trent vs Nigel from Infinity.

Watched Resolution last night, Fun show. Spud is just brilliant. Really couldn't tell if Mastiff was being serious when he went up to that fan

As somebody who is surprising himself that he has still not been to one i'm gonna have to get a couple of dvd's as I really wanna have a look at them after hearing so many good things. 2 for

As somebody who is surprising himself that he has still not been to one i'm gonna have to get a couple of dvd's as I really wanna have a look at them after hearing so many good things. 2 for

Archived