Le Mans 24 hours

AJS269

• Paid Members

Delta Wing has had to be garaged sadly. Damaged in an accident. Seems to be loads of potential in the car. Would have been fun seeing it run in the dark.

These Audi R18S are super fast even in the dark.

A great shame indeed. They were hoping to get the car repaired with the help of mechanics from a few other teams but the ACO have ruled against allowing the Delta Wing car back on track. Such is life...they've certainly showed a glimpse of what can be done and hopefully it helps to set a precedent for potential future entries and classes.

Audi would have to do something fairly spectacular to mess this up now. Obviously, anything can happen between now and the end of the 24 hours, but they're sitting fairly well for a 1-2-3 finish. It'd be quite nice to see Rebellion get on the podium though.

I'll be keeping tabs on this for the rest of the race with Radio Le Mans and Twitter but I'm on my way down to London early in the morning so I won't be able to watch the last 6 hours or so. Hopefully be able to listen to most of it on the radio while sat on the train, but we'll see. Also, I maintain that Le Mans at night is one of the most beautiful scenes in motorsport. Simply wonderful.

• Paid Members

Audi 123. Racing in bright sunshine.

These Audis corner at ridiculous speeds.

Toyota are out it seems. The first car was destroyed in the big accident yesterday. Anthony Davidson the driver is in hospital with damaged vertebrae. The other car broke down during the night.

Tom Kristensen in the Audi is going round so fast. He's nudging GT2 911's out of the way.

One of the Audis just came in for a rear panel change. As the mechanics were doing this. They almost wiped out a bunch of cameramen. Serves them right. They routinely stand in ludicrous positions. Price of getting that shot I guess.

Probably should have mentioned this earlier. There's loads of former F1 drivers in the race. Martin Brundle, Nick Heidfeld, and Karan Chandouk. I think Alex Wurz is in there too. As well as a bunch of second generation drivers. Martin Brundles son is in the same team as his father. Alain Prosts progeny is racing too. I think Dario Franchittis brother was driving the Delta Wing.

• Paid Members

One of the Audis has run out of fuel. Major egg on Audis face!

Audi having electrical problems now too. Their Hybrid cars are still running strongly in first and second . The problems seem to be with the Diesel cars.

Archived