Mount Rushmore of Wrestling

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard. Easy.

Dakota is JCP territory and those were the original 4

J.J. Dillon can run the gift shop and bar

It would be an ace monument for while, but you just know after a few years Paul Roma will turn up and ruin it. ;)

And then Sid comes along with his scissors and carves Double A right off there.

My two penneth, I think for the impact and influence they've had on wrestling you've gotta have Hogan and Vince McMahon on there myself. The other two I'd probably say Rock and Austin or maybe Andre in place of one of them.

• Paid Members

Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, The Rock and Steve Austin. These are the four when you think of pro wrestling for me. If there were room for a fifth, I'd have then said Undertaker just for the sheer length and legacy of his career.

The first three are easy for me:

1: Hulk Hogan

2: Stone Cold Steve Austin

3: The Rock

The fourth is just too tough to judge really. I'd probably go with John Cena for the longevity of being the man. Even though Rock & Austin weren't at the top for long, they still made huge impacts on the business so deserve to be there.

Depending on how old you are and the era you lived in whilst watching wrestling you will have a different list of who you believe in your opinion are the top wrestlers / biggest names as with people closer to 30 years old will see the likes of Hogan, Flair being the the top. People older in 50s may see Big Daddy, Haystacks, Kendo Nagasaki and other wrestlers from that era being the best. Whilst younger guys like kids in 10-20 yrs time will say the best wrestlers are cena, orton.

Depends on how much wrestling youve watched to really come up with a top list. Wrestlings changed so much as well. Normally its what you grew up watching is the wrestling you most enjoy in years to come and fondly look back on.

The best in my opinion in regards to names is Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Steve Austin and the Rock.

Hulk Hogan

The Rock

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Vince Mcmahon

I'd say those 4 were the 4 biggest contributing factors in the two biggest eras of wrestling. The idea of an Eddie Guerrero who although great doesn't deserve to be in any top 4 list.

I reckon it should be more history-based, so I'd go with Hogan-Flair-Thesz-Sammartino. You can replace Sammartino with Vinnie Mac if you want. God I bet this last sentence would really piss Bruno off :D

If you are looking at being recognisable then I'd say Hogan, Rock, Andre and a fourth one of your choice, to be picked from Cena-Flair-Austin-VKM

A distant cousin of mine once told me (in 2000) "What do you mean by 'do you know the Rock?' It would be like not knowing Michael Jordan!"

Savage was on the level of Hogan and Austin. When Hogan was off doing No Holds Barred, Savage was selling out every major arena in the United States. He did like 700,000 buys for WrestleMania V when there was 70 million less homes with PPV availability than when Austin was on top. Savage was also the game changer in WCW in 1995. Hogan was a big PPV draw, but nobody did better business in arenas on the road than Savage did. He was a super draw. If anything, he gets labeled with the shit tags like "he was the work horse while Hogan was the draw", just because scrubs CM Punk and Jay Lethal dress up like him. Savage drew money without Hogan. Its arguable if Hogan would have drawn the money he did in 1989 without Savage. Actually he probably wouldn't have. Also, in 1993-94, Savage was responsible for WWF (during the steroid trail) having its most lucrative sponsor, which made them a shitload of money, and ditto when he showed up in WCW.

If you take into account availability of PPV, inflation and the number of shows the WWF ran in 88 and 89 when Hogan wasn't on the house shows, Savage might have draw more money for WWF than anyone outside of Austin, Rock and Hogan.

Savage may have drawn a lot but it depends how you look at "on the level of Hogan and Austin". I wouldnt think he had the same pop culture name value as Hogan, Austin or Rock and I think those are the kind of people who should be on this fictional mount sculpture. He may have done good business but I dare say he wasnt as well known to the masses outside of wrestling as those guys were.

Archived