New WWE Title?

ad2bad

• Paid Members

I'll be a little disappointed if the eagle is gone from the new belt, that mock up seems like a believable next look for the belt evolving from its current form and fitting with the current company feel and with it now being very much the WWE title and there being a separate World belt. Needs an Eagle though to connect to its roots, one thing i don't mind about the current WWE title is its eagle.

I also really like the idea of acquired wrestling organizations being featured on the side plates, i think that would be a neat little addition and give the belt a good element of meaning and prestige, as if to say this dude is the chief champion of all of any important wrestling that has ever mattered.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Eddie, JBL and Undertaker all had it amongst others but I only think of Brock Lesnar when I think of that Unidisputed Belt, I didn't even like him that much but he just looked boss when he had it around his waist. Did Cena ever hold that belt?

The Hardy boys never had a decent tag title reign during their peak for example.

They are remembered for being an exciting and popular tag team. You are talking about a specific title reign being over, when it clearly isn't. If Cody Rhodes becomes a huge superstar, it will have nothing to do with his IC title reign, because it was super forgettable. If Cody Rhodes was this beacon of match quality, exciting fans nation wide, then that might be valid. But his most memorable match during his IC run was losing to Booker T in none title battles and playing second fiddle to the Big Show.

And I'm not sure the rock ever had a decent wwe title reign either (though my memory is foggy on that one).

The Rock headlined some of the largest drawing PPVs in the history of wrestling as the champion, including the domestic biggest PPV ever. I'd say his run as champion was pretty memorable.

Could they of handled his reign better? Sure, but between the last two mania's he had a cracking year and the belt was used as a key tool to elevate him to upper midcard level.

No it wasn't. The IC belt was damage control. Cody Rhodes was in a far better position on the card in 2009. And for a lot of 2010. This IC title reign was just a bloke carrying a nostalgic memory around. He'd have been better off carrying a 123 Kid Hasbro around.

Rhodes was a midcard act, having midcard matches, carrying a midcard belt, on a secondary brand.

I disagree on some of your points... But ultimately I liked his reign and you didn't is the bottom line. I guess I'm going through a period of enjoying wwe at the moment and to me I feel Cody has been someone who I've enjoyed watching.

Add me to the list of lovers of Rhodes's IC title reign. It was possibly my favourite IC title reign since Flair held it in 2005. With Rhodes having the belt it really bought out the best in him. Compare his reign to the previous title holders Kofi, Ziggler, Big Zeke and Barrett where Rhodes was in a different league.

Despite titles meaning fuck all the IC title did feel significantly important with Rhodes the only moan I can give it is the end with Big Show. Just dreadful. I will always be bitter they didnt do the feud with Goldust this year (Goldust was pretty over in his feud with DiBiase in 2010). It would have gathered more interest then Show/Rhodes.

Saying all that the white classic IC title and at least it looks smart on Christian.

My favourite wwe title was the one used in the early - mid 90s.

Notice that both wwe and tna are trying to be more like ufc with their main title by having a bland gold metal pieve with company logo printed largely in the middle. Makes it a promotional tool so whoever is champion when walking around with it people will know who he is by the letters on the belt

Archived