New WWE Title?

ad2bad

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there such a thing as an Eagle without wings? I always thought "Winged Eagle" a strange (stupid) nickname for a title belt.

When did people start calling it that anyway? Rule One might know this. In an interview last year, CM Punk says he doesn't call it that, he calls it the Bret Hart belt.

Is there such a thing as an Eagle without wings? I always thought "Winged Eagle" a strange (stupid) nickname for a title belt.

When did people start calling it that anyway? Rule One might know this. In an interview last year, CM Punk says he doesn't call it that, he calls it the Bret Hart belt.

AFAIK the early 90's.

It never really occurred to me how stupid 'winged eagle' sounds until now. Guess I'll just call it the 'eagle belt' from now on.

Then you'll get people saying which one? There is hundreds if not thousands of belts with eagles on them, plus the follow up to the "Winged eagle" was the "Big eagle".

• Paid Members
Is the Bret Hart belt public domain, Rule One? For example if I was to set up a promotion, could I have that design as my main belt?

Because I'm set to debut my new promotion by late Summer. Eddie The Eagle is my General Manager.

You need this man mate.

Sam_Eagle.JPG

• Paid Members
It never really occurred to me how stupid 'winged eagle' sounds until now. Guess I'll just call it the 'eagle belt' from now on.

Then you'll get people saying which one? There is hundreds if not thousands of belts with eagles on them, plus the follow up to the "Winged eagle" was the "Big eagle".

Yeah, but to be fair, I bet all those belts have got eagles with wings on ain't they?

Also, good shout Chilli- Arsene Wenger would make a great GM.

Is the Bret Hart belt public domain, Rule One? For example if I was to set up a promotion, could I have that design as my main belt?

Because I'm set to debut my new promotion by late Summer. Eddie The Eagle is my General Manager.

Yes.

Although with your television and ppv deals, there may be some problems... Brother!

• Paid Members
I would never book Eddie Edwards. Its not how my federation works. I only sign game changers and people who can turn this ship around, brother.

Ian, I would be interested in being a ring announcer for this show.

twitter_reasonably_small.jpg

I'm a bit of a hater of the "Winged Eagle" name too. With the two people I ever talk about wrestling with in real life, we always say the "Bret Shawn Belt". Even though it's as much Hogan as either of those guys. Similarly actually, the "Rock Austin belt" and the "Brock JBL belt". I've never noticed I do that until just now.

What a shit post.

Archived