New WWE Title?

ad2bad

• Paid Members

Maybe if the belts didn't look like complete jokes, fans would by into them and other areas of their business would increase and they wouldn't need to sell plastic belts to up their quarterly income? Just a thought. When the Ultimate Warrior was the WWF champion, kids were buying belts to live out their fantasy of being the WWF champion like their hero. No fucker if buying a tag team title because Primo Colon is wearing it. They want to wear the belt the main man is wearing. It could have Teddy Long's face on the tag team titles, it wouldn't make a difference.

Like that spinner belt. The people are buying it because its John Cena's belt. Nobody was buying toy belts in abundance until that spinner belt came out because Cena ushered in a profitable period where all the fans were into him. If the champion means something, the people buy the merch. Nobody is going to convince me that the bronze penny tag title is doing worse or better than the previous belt. What kid wants to wear a tag team title? Unless its cheap and their Mam buys them it.

Like this bad boy. I remember playing with this for ages (until the stick came off) back in the day:

0783a.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If WWE wanted to sell to "wrestling" fans, they'd open a new ROH. WWE attracts a lot more markets than just the "wrestling" fans. Most of those markets would definitely prefer some thing that looks like this:

wwe-2010-tag-team-replica-belt-01.gif

to this:

41fxDwTYuxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The former is a lot more identifiable which is one of the reasons why it was created. You don't want your title looking like every other title you have or, even worse, some other company's title.

I'm sorry, that makes no sense. Are you saying the kids that watch WWE today don't like wrestling? As a kid I would have LOVED to have had the winged eagle belt, I even made my own version of it for my mates to fight over.

533991_10150853311407215_725022214_9657803_1209140053_n.jpg

547855_10150853311992215_93235092_n.jpg

Why did I want a replica of this belt? Because I loved WWF and that belt had been worn by Hulk Hogan, my favourite wrestler of all time! Is the mentality of kids really that different now that they wouldn't like a traditional looking belt if that's what their favourite wrestler was holding?

I think that IS a sideplate. There would definitely be a nameplate for the main piece.

The lastest WWE Tag-Team titles nor WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight title have placements for a name plate.

The pictured WWE plate IS NOT a side plate. Please show me a side plate with deep etched layering like this belt has.

• Paid Members

Ok so with that - WWE sell replicas of all their titles. Justify those God awful tag belts?

A wrestling fan kid will nag for anything that has the WWE logo on it (I know this because as a kid I did it myself and so did my friends), the could easily go for something a little more wrestling, a little less "lets get the people who make our toys to make the actual belt itself" and still have sold just as many.

If WWE wanted to sell to "wrestling" fans, they'd open a new ROH. WWE attracts a lot more markets than just the "wrestling" fans. Most of those markets would definitely prefer some thing that looks like this:(new tag team belt)

What an odd statement.

Exactly what "non-wrestling fan" markets do WWE attract that are going to buy replica wrestling belts then?

As for the new Belt, I can understand them wanting a non-traditional looking WWE title belt since they might feel that the World Title has the traditional market covered, I just don't see why they have to make them so bloody ugly.

It's only one picture so it might be too early to judge but given how bad those tag team belts were it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I honestly wouldn't change it. It is what it is. My Mam bought me the spinner belt (along with a mic which to distorts your voice to sound like Undertaker, Cena and Mysterio) as a bit of an ironic "Eee, our Danny still watches wrestling, the daft cunt!" jab in the ribs and it doesnt stop me walking round me bedroom with it one when I've got out the shower like I'm Michaels at WM12.

Ok so with that - WWE sell replicas of all their titles. Justify those God awful tag belts?

A wrestling fan kid will nag for anything that has the WWE logo on it (I know this because as a kid I did it myself and so did my friends), the could easily go for something a little more wrestling, a little less "lets get the people who make our toys to make the actual belt itself" and still have sold just as many.

If WWE wanted to sell to "wrestling" fans, they'd open a new ROH. WWE attracts a lot more markets than just the "wrestling" fans. Most of those markets would definitely prefer some thing that looks like this:(new tag team belt)

What an odd statement.

Exactly what "non-wrestling fan" markets do WWE attract that are going to buy replica wrestling belts then?

As for the new Belt, I can understand them wanting a non-traditional looking WWE title belt since they might feel that the World Title has the traditional market covered, I just don't see why they have to make them so bloody ugly.

It's only one picture so it might be too early to judge but given how bad those tag team belts were it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I've only just had chance to check the thread since my last post but I'm glad someone else picked up on his response. How can you say that WWE needs to make belts kids will buy then in your next post say they dont make belts to appeal to kids who watch the shows?

Go stand in Toys R Us for a day, actually make that a month and ask every kid you see buying a toy belt if they watch WWE. I guarantee if you dont get arrested for hanging around Toys R Us approacihng random kids that in a whole month you wont find anyone buying a replica title belt (for themselves obviously not buying as a gift) who doesn't watch WWE.

I don't think it is going to be as different to the current belt to justify changing it. As much as I don't like Cena's belt it did signify him being the new top guy. It was a massive leap from what it had looked like before.

If they were going to do it then I still think it should have been CM Punk getting a classic looking Belt at Mania. It would have popped the crowd big time. Not to mention from a logical point of view it makes no sense that Punk (who takes pride in being a wrestler rather than superstar) would be happily walking round with a the current belt

Everyone gets too worked up about what the belts look like. It's been over a decade now since they've had a decent-looking WWE title, it makes no odds. Look at when Cody Rhodes changed the Intercontinental title back. Everyone went "yay, the belt looks like the one from when I was a kid and actually liked wrestling, yayyyy" but then five minutes later forgot about it.

Everyone gets too worked up about what the belts look like. It's been over a decade now since they've had a decent-looking WWE title, it makes no odds. Look at when Cody Rhodes changed the Intercontinental title back. Everyone went "yay, the belt looks like the one from when I was a kid and actually liked wrestling, yayyyy" but then five minutes later forgot about it.

Well I actually thought it set him apart from all the other champions and made him look cooler whenever he had it around his waist. He has also had one of the best reigns with that belt in years

Well I actually thought it set him apart from all the other champions and made him look cooler whenever he had it around his waist.

Most of the other champions had only paid enough dues to wear it over their shoulder though.

Well that was a bit of a shit reply wasn't it

Archived