New WWE Title?

ad2bad

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly hope not. Thankfully I've little reason to believe that it will.

The belt could be a lot better, but in all fairness it could be a lot worse. The most interesting thing now will be how they debut it. Punk re-Tweeted a suggestion along the lines of throwing the belt in a bin and pulling out the old Winged-Eagle strap. As we know, that would never happen, as awesome as it would be.

I'm assuming that there'll be a fair few more additions to the belt before it's finished compared to whenever that picture was taken and it may look passable once it's seen on screen. I'm going to probably be against the general consensus here when I say this, but I think I'd take this belt over the JBL/Guerrero-era belt, though it did look cracking on Lesnar.

It's already a million times better than the spinner belt. I'm not sure why they've gone with the diamonds again though, they were already outdated when Cena's belt was first introduced, now they're completely irrelevant.

I reckon it'll look something like this...

belt.jpg

(shitty pic editor job because I'm bored).

I was going to say, my initial reaction was one of "ugh!", but then realised it might be incomplete. They might be adding additional parts to it, additional colours, additional changes etc.

For all we know when it's complete it could be fucking awesome. Personally I thought they might create a more UFC style title belt for when (if?) Lesnar wins the title. Be a great reason to change the design to something more modern.

That, THING, is absolutely hideous. Do they not have any sort of tastes anymore? It looks like something Ali G would wear on his finger from the market or something. Just bring back the Undisputed design that they used from 2002, that is the way to represent a true champion.

Although I understand why people don't feel it looks prestigious, I think it's a cracking belt. I shall explain why.

WWE is a multi million dollar company and it would have to look at quite a few things before they makes a belt. One of the factors that will be looked at is the marketability (is that a word?). They have to contruct a belt which would sell a lot of replica and toy replica belts. Whether we like it or not, WWE's biggest market are kids who will persuade their parents to buy them things like toy replica belts. This design makes it really easy to create the belts and the simplistic design will appeal to the kids. The same goes for why Kane now wears a gas mask and why Tensai has a mask. Those designs will look good on wrestling figures and will appeal to the kids.

That's why, from a company perspective, it's a great belt.

Although I understand why people don't feel it looks prestigious, I think it's a cracking belt. I shall explain why.

WWE is a multi million dollar company and it would have to look at quite a few things before they makes a belt. One of the factors that will be looked at is the marketability (is that a word?). They have to contruct a belt which would sell a lot of replica and toy replica belts. Whether we like it or not, WWE's biggest market are kids who will persuade their parents to buy them things like toy replica belts. This design makes it really easy to create the belts and the simplistic design will appeal to the kids. The same goes for why Kane now wears a gas mask and why Tensai has a mask. Those designs will look good on wrestling figures and will appeal to the kids.

Ok so with that - WWE sell replicas of all their titles. Justify those God awful tag belts?

A wrestling fan kid will nag for anything that has the WWE logo on it (I know this because as a kid I did it myself and so did my friends), the could easily go for something a little more wrestling, a little less "lets get the people who make our toys to make the actual belt itself" and still have sold just as many.

• Paid Members

The reaction to this has been great, but theres no way that is the finished product. It'll surely have some black much like whoever photoshopped the pic a few posts back. Still, even if they left it as it is, it's still better than the spinner belt.

• Paid Members

I'll be waiting to see the finished product, but as with most of the new belts, they havegrown on me over time.

I'm a fan of the latest ECW belt, as well as the new tag belts. Upon Debut, i thought "What have they done!", but after a few months i started to actually like them.

I dont think this one will be that bad, but it'll be interesting to see the finished product.

Just now absolutely anything is an improvement on what we've got.

It was 2005 when John Cena first debuted this personalised version and there is no way it should still be around 7 years later. It suited Cena and no one else but I guess that sums up the past 7 years.

I reckon it is an improvement on the current one but nothing fantastic. Due to the way its been positioned in the company over the past few years its obvious that the World Heavyweight Championship is the secondary title but it just looks so much better and believable as the centerpiece of the company and I can't see WWE ever wanting to change its design which suggests that a more traditional approach to a WWE Championship would be better.

Ok so with that - WWE sell replicas of all their titles. Justify those God awful tag belts?

A wrestling fan kid will nag for anything that has the WWE logo on it (I know this because as a kid I did it myself and so did my friends), the could easily go for something a little more wrestling, a little less "lets get the people who make our toys to make the actual belt itself" and still have sold just as many.

If WWE wanted to sell to "wrestling" fans, they'd open a new ROH. WWE attracts a lot more markets than just the "wrestling" fans. Most of those markets would definitely prefer some thing that looks like this:

wwe-2010-tag-team-replica-belt-01.gif

to this:

41fxDwTYuxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The former is a lot more identifiable which is one of the reasons why it was created. You don't want your title looking like every other title you have or, even worse, some other company's title.

Archived