TNA Slammiversary 2012

Loki

Announced Card

ppv1.jpg

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Champion Bobby Roode vs. Sting

ppv4.jpg

TNA Tag Team Championship: Champions Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle

ppv2.jpg

No 1 Contender's Match: RVD v Hardy V Anderson

ppv5.jpg

Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park

ppv6.jpg

Devon & Garett Bischoff vs. Robbie E & Robbie T

ppv5b.jpg

TNA Knockouts Title: Champion Gail Kim v Miss Tessmacher

ppv3.jpg

Non-title Match: X Division Champion Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe

ppv5a.jpg

Crimson Open Challenge

ppv8.jpg

Kid Kash vs Hernandez

-------

Interesting line-up for the anniversary show, currently missing some of their biggest stars like Jeff Hardy, so I presume a couple of other matches will get put together this week. We should also get some Hogan, and probably some big debut as well as some old stars returning.

Having said all that, it's not as blockbuster as I was hoping, but TNA's PPVs have been way up in quality this year, plus they're in front of a large crowd so it should be hot.

Can't wait for it next Wednesday on Challenge TV at 10pm. It's going to be a big night and a great celebration of 10 years of TNA. Many naysayers said they wouldn't last but 10 years on and still going strong TNA is my favourite wrestling show to watch.

those graphics looks pretty neat!

Hope the Abyss/Park and Bully Ray stuff comes to a head at Slammy, Devon and Garrett vs Two Robbies doesn't exactly scream excitement but should be a fine opener! The Tag Team Match should be class and even though we've seen it before Sting vs Roode should be great. I'll call a Roode win and then a surprise James Storm return on the ramp followed by a staredown... They need to sort out the X Division asap or else just quietly move A Double on to bigger things.

10 Years of TNA, definitely didn't think it would make it but fair play guys! Hope Slammiversary XX doesnt feature Garrett Bischoff in the Main Event though...

Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe should be brilliant if it goes ahead and is the most promising match of the bunch. The card doesn't look fantastic on paper but I don't doubt that it will deliver. I hope we don't get Hardy vs Anderson again, but with Rob Van Dam going spare I think all three will find themselves in the same match. I'd like to see Sabin vs Ion added to the card, just for the sake of a fun match that could actually be a representation that there is an X division still intact for the 10th anniversary.

• Paid Members

I'm actually looking forward to this PPV. I have jsut gotten back into TNA after seeing things had improved over the weeks, and whilst Roode has beaten sting before, I'm still interested in this match.

Tag Match should be a good'un, although i can see Styles Turning for some reason. I'm also looking forward to seeing what they do with Joseph park, as if he gets his arms out, I'd imagine you'd be able to guess he is abyss, although i can picture him wrestling in suit/shirt with rolled up sleeves.

Aries/Joe should be an interesting match, shame Joe has been made a JTTS again after his decent tag title run, Whats Magnus doing now? And The Devon Match should be half decent, I'm a fan of Robbie E and Devon (although i still cannot get over how he has won a singles title before Bubba), so it'll be cool to see how this works out.

TNA has seemed more interesting than WWE recently, so i'm hoping this works out well, and with talk of reducing PPV's it could be a good thing as a whole for them.

Quick Edit: Bobby Roode is "Da' Man" for me at the moment. Great Look, All the ability in the world, and this long long title run has done him wonders! I wouldnt mind if he kept it for the rest of the upcoming PPV's to be honest.

Can't wait for it next Wednesday on Challenge TV at 10pm. It's going to be a big night and a great celebration of 10 years of TNA. Many naysayers said they wouldn't last but 10 years on and still going strong TNA is my favourite wrestling show to watch.

:laugh: Are you reading from a script or just simply copying and pasting Challenge TV (or TNAs) summary of the show on the Radio Times or summin?

I remember when I first started posting on this forum, I used to have endless circular arguments with some of the absolute spoons that were resident at the time about how TNA would be out of business by the end of the year (literally every year), and then about how they'd never get a decent TV spot, and then how they'd never break even, and then how they'd never afford big stars, and on and on.

Even as late as last year people were still predicting TNA's imminent demise, years after they broke even. I always attribute it to indie jealousy, as hardcore fans of small outfits like RoH could never accept that their favourite promotion wasn't going to make the leap into international success, but that a company founded by an actual wrestling promoter and an actual wrestling star would succeed.

I've enjoyed TNA immensely more in the last decade than I have WWE; outside of the odd super main event (and they're down to maybe one a year now) WWE has slowly diminished, where TNA have revived the careers of flagging stars, created new talent, and made (some times insane) efforts to find new audiences and new ways of promoting wrestling.

I'm actually quite proud, and not in a Tommy Dangerously way, of their having made it to 10 years. It's fitting that the main event of that show is their biggest asset, Sting (and the only real wrestling superstar to have never wrestled for WWE) and their best homegrown star, Robert Roode.

Roode beat Sting at the March PPV, Sting beat Roode this past week on TV so now they're kind of tied so it makes sense to have a third match. Sting's TNA debut was in the main event of the 1st TNA anniversary show so it's kind of neat that he gets to headline the 10th anniversary as well. I don't expect much of the match quality-wise but it should be a solid bout in front of, hopefully, a hot Texas crowd. Hope Roode retains.

The Tag Team Title match sounds like a great match. Really looking forward to it.

Really interested in Bully/Park as well. Don't know what to expect exactly but I'm sure those two guys will manage to pull together something entertaining.

The other tag match is what it is - just some harmless filler.

Aries/Joe sounds great on paper.

There's also the Hall of Fame thing too, which I reckon will end up being Jarrett or Sting.

As for the rest of the card, I really hope they decide to do a battle royal, which would be a nice little throwback to the first TNA show. Use all the people who you don't otherwise have a spot on the card for and throw in some ex-TNA guys as surprises. Either way, just don't do yet another Anderson/Hardy match. Enough of that, please.

And I'm in the same boat as some of the guys above. I've been following TNA since day one and TNA's been the weekly wrestling show I've watched the most during that time so it's really cool to see them reach this milestone. It hasn't been perfect by any means but it's been 10 fun years of TNA. Here's to 10 more!

TNA have done really well, it's a shame that their tv output (which has improved) isn't reflected in the tv ratings and further awareness for lapsed fans or those who are bored by the junk WWE are serving at the moment.

• Paid Members
I don't expect much of the match quality-wise but it should be a solid bout in front of, hopefully, a hot Texas crowd. Hope Roode retains.

Sting and Roode are two of the best workers in the business at the minute, so why wouldn't you expect a quality match? Sting was notorious for needing someone to hold his hand in the 80s and 90s. He's better now than he was in his prime. I'd expect a definite quality match from these two. They usually deliver the goods.

Looks like a cracking PPV. For years the criticism under Russo was that on PPV he always put wrestlers against wrestlers who just didn't mix, as opposed to putting on a PPV where each match had workers who could work against each other and put on the best match. The PPV formula has gone back to how it was under Jarrett and D'Amore in 2004/05, where you had a Joe vs. Aries and a Roode vs. Sting and Bully vs. Abyss and a potential belter of a tag match. The pay-per-views are set up in a way where they are given the belt chance to deliver. And Sacrifice more than delivered last month.

Aries vs Joe might be one of the best matches of the year. Aries always puts on a great show and Joe's motivated again. Bully Ray and Joseph Park will be interesting, because we might get a climax to this story, and Bully Ray always has good matches. Also if Kaz and Daniels vs Angle and AJ Styles isn't a brilliant match, something is seriously wrong. Even the Robbie E and Robbie T vs Garrett and Devon will probably be decent. Looking forward to it.

I don't expect much of the match quality-wise but it should be a solid bout in front of, hopefully, a hot Texas crowd. Hope Roode retains.

Sting and Roode are two of the best workers in the business at the minute, so why wouldn't you expect a quality match? Sting was notorious for needing someone to hold his hand in the 80s and 90s. He's better now than he was in his prime. I'd expect a definite quality match from these two. They usually deliver the goods.

Because I've seen their previous matches. They were good, solid matches but definitely not great matches. Hence why I'm not expecting anything great from them. That's not to say I'm expecting a bad match or anything. Just a solid bout. Would love to be proven wrong though.

I'd love to see some sort of X-Division Gauntlet featuring past and present members of the X-Division from the past 10 years. Be a great way to open the show, bring out Shark Boy, D-Ray 3000 and Jack Evans!

EDIT: Similar to which they had at Victory Road 2004 their first PPV, that was a cracker.

Archived