WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 6/8/2012

ThePhenom

This doesn't sound too good at all to me, just lazy Smackdown booking. I'll most likely "move on" from the Michael Cole stuff by skipping through it. I also thought the brand had ended, so how can Brodus Clay be moved to Smackdown? He was on it nearly every week anyway. It just seems so stupid.

I agree it seems stupid, but maybe he is being (storyline) punished for standing up to Big Show by being kept of the RAW show (as oppose to being kept off the Raw brand).

Smackdown is starting to resemble the sort of show you'd create in EWR if you were playing as WWE and WCW stole all your stars.

Next up - Max Moon defends his Heavyweight Championship against upcoming star Joey Abs!

Why's Teddy Long running the show? They need to sort out the Authority Figure role. People who seem to be able to make matches John Lauranitis, Eve, David Otunga, Triple H, Teddy Long, Vince McMahon, The Board and CM Punk made a match recently. Then you've got William Regal and Matt Striker on NXT and the occasional guest host like Bret Hart & Mick Foley in recent months.

• Paid Members

Teddy Long being temporary GM for the night makes absolutely no fucking sense at all. Considering all the efforts Laurinaitus went to to ensure Teddy Long was no longer an authority figure, surely he'd be the LAST person he'd want covering for him whilst he was away?? Why not Eve or Otunga or even Vickie Guerrero for crying out loud?

Not a bad show it just seemed like one squash after another, I liked the McIntyre vs Cara match I dunno if it was how it was edited but I thought it went well and Drew was a good opponent for him, its a shame drew doesnt get a proper crack at a push cos he's had some great matches recently like on superstars last week against Christian.

- Opening segment was good. I liked the way Sheamus, Ricardo and Del Rio were together. It seems like they have tweaked Del Rio and he is coming across better in his characteristics compared to his typical 'Its my destiny' bollocks from last year. Saying that I am a big fan of Del Rio and his in ring work is some of the best today. I'm a fan of Sheamus too and think he looks great with the title just seems like there is no sort of division for his title. I hope they don't put him with Kane around MITB period.

- The Great Khali walks around like he is walking on a pair of stilts. I really feel for the guy and hope he leaves soon and does a few one off appearences.

- Next we get the current format of SmackDown which is squash matches after another. Sin Cara is alright but as a fan of McIntyre its rather annoying seeing him not really go anywhere after it seemed like he was around WrestleMania. I would love to see him teamed with Cesaro.

- Ryback looks good as usual but it would be nice to see him face the lower card about now. Still though great look but he needs to stop moving his arms up and down. It really looks daft.

- Antonio Cesaro is brilliant in every single way. One of the best things in the WWE at the moment and unlike everything else on SmackDown he has a minor storyline of humiliating Teddy Long. Which is brilliant.

- Teddy Long as the guest general manager was strange. I guess the explanation would be Johnny trying to look like he wasn't abusing his power. But Eve should have hosted the show.

Anyway rather dull show I look forward to Barrett returning which should be soon?

• Paid Members

I agree, Cesaro is great. I'm hoping Teddy gets stuck with him and Aksana for a long time, they should even give Teddy the title of Antonio's Personal Man Servant or something like that. Also he has great entrance music, ring attire and cool mannerism that set him apart from the rest of the pack. His giant uppercut and his cradle piledriver finisher both look brutal. I forsee big things for this man.

Archived