WWE Raw *Spoilers*

Nick James

I didn't have Sky for well over a month.

Just prior to this Lesnar had returned, so throughout this long period I downloaded each Raw (somewhat illegally) and, despite having had the result spoiled, still wasted a day trying to find the OTL PPV.

I have had Sky back for a fortnight and have not yet bothered to even check if the last 2 Raw's are on the planner.

Which is an even bigger show of discontent with the product when you consider that Jericunt has left and 3 months ago that'd have made me as excited as anyone. Ever.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why were they making out the Big Show as always been a jokey comedy character. There's been loads of times when he as been a heel and given a monster push. I was pleased to see some of the clips from his early 2000 gimmick when he was copying other wrestlers.

Also why is Vince doing the employer reviews? What's Vince's role now? How does he have the power to sack Johnny if his power was removed last year?

In the storyline he is still CEO and Chairman.

Well what's Triple H then? And why was Vince crying last year when he was taken out of power by the board? It's too confusing.

CEO = Chief executive officer. Chief executive is the highest-ranking corporate officer (executive) or administrator in charge of total management of an organization. An individual appointed as a CEO of a corporation, company, organization, or agency typically reports to the board of directors. They can be far-reaching or quite limited and are typically enshrined in a formal delegation of authority.

COO (i.e. Triple H) = Chief operating officer. The COO is responsible for the daily operation of the company.

(Note: Thanks Wikipedia).

I think effectively it could be argued that it makes sense (barely). Triple H is in charge of the day to day running... which makes sense because Vince Mcmahon was removed from those responsibilities when Vince tried to fire Cena for his own fuck up. Therefore Vince could still be a CEO, just one with very limited power (i.e. a symbolic figurehead of sorts).

For all intents a purpose (and to simplify it in my own head); Vince is the boss.... but Triple H and the board of directors voted to limit his authority to stop him fucking up their investment in the company. They did this by making Triple H COO, and thus remove that part of Vince's responsibility in the process. Therefore Vince is the head of the company... but only really in name and has no power over his own business anymore.

However yes I agree... I found it confusing and overly complicated for the sake of a wrestling storyline and did feel like a bit of a ret-con. However I suppose it is plausible... technically the board could ask McMahon to advise the board and Triple H in firing Big Jonny, but Vince can't actually fire Big Jonny himself.

yeah this is how I saw it

Vince and Trips could come back and still over rule Big Jonny and still held their titles, so what was the point in all this?

It was pretty much just for twists and turns on the weekly show.

Were Trips & Vince just removed from being RAW GM?

Yes and no. Essentially, WWE finally took the leap into having the stupid, convoluted onscreen management setup that was previously a hallmark of WCW and TNA.

What was with the tears?

At the time, I think that one was planned as being a genuine farewell to on-screen Vince. Although it's mental if they ever thought they'd stick to it.

And what the fuck happened to the laptop GM???

Triple H got rid of him pretty much as soon as he came to power.

I dont get all the Tensai hate. He has a unique look and gimmick and stands out from the rest of the roster. I also think he has been booked well for the most part. I'm not saying he's great or a fantastic worker or anything, just don't get why people dislike him so much.

I thought ziggler/sheamus and punk/Kane were decent tv matches. The show was so uneventful nothing else seems worth commenting on.

I dont get all the Tensai hate. He has a unique look and gimmick and stands out from the rest of the roster. I also think he has been booked well for the most part.

Yup. I dare say if he wasn't totally shit, people wouldn't shit on him thanks to the above. But he is.

I dont get all the Tensai hate. He has a unique look and gimmick and stands out from the rest of the roster. I also think he has been booked well for the most part.

Yup. I dare say if he wasn't totally shit, people wouldn't shit on him thanks to the above. But he is.

Totally shits a bit harsh. Sure some of his early squash matches were a bit awkward but he was ok on this show and in the main event tag match a couple of weeks back. Clearly he is not to everyones liking but I think hes ok

• Paid Members

I have no idea still how Cole warranted being both at the start of the show and main event when there are Smackdown stars available now its a supershow!

Archived