WWE Raw *Spoilers*

Nick James

Could only manage a few bits and bobs. Quite forgettable. Not as good as TNA and it's current product.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 or 4 weeks then? Thats some boycott.

Had I said I was going to boycott it, your comment would be an accurate observation, but I said I was going to stop watching it for a bit so your comment makes you look like a wannabe smart arse with the reading comprehension skills of a 10 year old

• Paid Members

Raw for the last few weeks has been like Smackdown has been for the last few years, where nothing of note actually happens, basically just like a bog standard house show.

It was an OK show, but I cant wait till the build up for MITB starts, because thats when it all starts becoming unmissable (for Raw at least).

There's no need at all to just keep repeating matches. Sheamus vs Ziggler was a rematch from SmackDown, and Punk vs Kane was about the third or fourth time this month. Neither match had a particularly strong build or reason to keep happening.

• Paid Members
Apparently did a 2.92 rating, for those interested in the numbers. About average for recent weeks, but obviously an improvement over last week's slump.

Still bloody awful, by WWE standards.

If this Vince comeback doesn't draw, it'll be interesting to see what they do next. Apparently, the Michael Cole stuff was done to cheer Vince up, after him being in a shitty mood following last weeks number.

• Paid Members
Apparently, the Michael Cole stuff was done to cheer Vince up, after him being in a shitty mood following last weeks number.

INCREDIBLE. The reaction to a low viewership last week was to effectively book a main event for the appreciation of an audience of one. UNBELIEVABLE. And yet, I suppose, perfectly believable.

I nearly stayed up and watched Raw last night but for some reason I couldnt get Chat to load, so decided to watch Babestation and have a wank not to bother. For some reason I got in my head it was going to be a big episode, how wrong can a man be?

Why were they making out the Big Show as always been a jokey comedy character. There's been loads of times when he as been a heel and given a monster push. I was pleased to see some of the clips from his early 2000 gimmick when he was copying other wrestlers.

Also why is Vince doing the employer reviews? What's Vince's role now? How does he have the power to sack Johnny if his power was removed last year?

In the storyline he is still CEO and Chairman.

Well what's Triple H then? And why was Vince crying last year when he was taken out of power by the board? It's too confusing.

Stan Stansky is one of the best jobber names in wrestling history. And apparently, Stan Stanski is WWE's SVP of Creative Services.

Anyone know who the jobbers were, BTW? I thought they did their job (no pun intended) very well.

Ahh, Stan Stansky (of #StanStanskyOrRiot fame :laugh: twitter was going crazy for this guy last night ) he is actually Stoney Hooker (no really, that is his name!) and the other guy is Kirby Mack.

They were good/entertaining jobbers, better than many on wwe

The Cole/Cena stuff was booked purely as a reaction to last weeks number (Cena is their highest ratings draw) and historically when Cole appeared in segments building up to Wrestlemania last year they did good numbers too.

I don't agree with the knee jerk booking however as last weeks low number was partly down to Hatfield & McCoys doing a monster number and the holiday in the US.

Why were they making out the Big Show as always been a jokey comedy character. There's been loads of times when he as been a heel and given a monster push. I was pleased to see some of the clips from his early 2000 gimmick when he was copying other wrestlers.

Also why is Vince doing the employer reviews? What's Vince's role now? How does he have the power to sack Johnny if his power was removed last year?

Well what's Triple H then? And why was Vince crying last year when he was taken out of power by the board? It's too confusing.

CEO = Chief executive officer. Chief executive is the highest-ranking corporate officer (executive) or administrator in charge of total management of an organization. An individual appointed as a CEO of a corporation, company, organization, or agency typically reports to the board of directors. They can be far-reaching or quite limited and are typically enshrined in a formal delegation of authority.

COO (i.e. Triple H) = Chief operating officer. The COO is responsible for the daily operation of the company.

(Note: Thanks Wikipedia).

I think effectively it could be argued that it makes sense (barely). Triple H is in charge of the day to day running... which makes sense because Vince Mcmahon was removed from those responsibilities when Vince tried to fire Cena for his own fuck up. Therefore Vince could still be a CEO, just one with very limited power (i.e. a symbolic figurehead of sorts).

For all intents a purpose (and to simplify it in my own head); Vince is the boss.... but Triple H and the board of directors voted to limit his authority to stop him fucking up their investment in the company. They did this by making Triple H COO, and thus remove that part of Vince's responsibility in the process. Therefore Vince is the head of the company... but only really in name and has no power over his own business anymore.

However yes I agree... I found it confusing and overly complicated for the sake of a wrestling storyline and did feel like a bit of a ret-con. However I suppose it is plausible... technically the board could ask McMahon to advise the board and Triple H in firing Big Jonny, but Vince can't actually fire Big Jonny himself.

• Paid Members

Just got done watching, well fast forwarding the show.

Crappy to say the least. Who are the two skinny jobbers? The made the goldberg clone look like a million bucks. That said the stupid stomp has to stop.

Cena has now beaten up Jonny boy, and Cole. Two people who cant fight back i fail to see how this does anything for him? I mean he loses to the Rock, comes out and says he will carry on fighting, the crowd warm to him a little. Brock dam near kills him and the crowd start cheering him. Then the make him look like the biggest bully on TV beating up on people that have no chance of fighting back.

O and fat albert..........................

CEO = Chief executive officer. Chief executive is the highest-ranking corporate officer (executive) or administrator in charge of total management of an organization. An individual appointed as a CEO of a corporation, company, organization, or agency typically reports to the board of directors. They can be far-reaching or quite limited and are typically enshrined in a formal delegation of authority.

COO (i.e. Triple H) = Chief operating officer. The COO is responsible for the daily operation of the company.

(Note: Thanks Wikipedia).

I think effectively it could be argued that it makes sense (barely). Triple H is in charge of the day to day running... which makes sense because Vince Mcmahon was removed from those responsibilities when Vince tried to fire Cena for his own fuck up. Therefore Vince could still be a CEO, just one with very limited power (i.e. a symbolic figurehead of sorts).

For all intents a purpose (and to simplify it in my own head); Vince is the boss.... but Triple H and the board of directors voted to limit his authority to stop him fucking up their investment in the company. They did this by making Triple H COO, and thus remove that part of Vince's responsibility in the process. Therefore Vince is the head of the company... but only really in name and has no power over his own business anymore.

However yes I agree... I found it confusing and overly complicated for the sake of a wrestling storyline and did feel like a bit of a ret-con. However I suppose it is plausible... technically the board could ask McMahon to advise the board and Triple H in firing Big Jonny, but Vince can't actually fire Big Jonny himself.

yeah this is how I saw it

Archived