WWE Raw *Spoilers*

Nick James

Really can't be arsed with RAW at the moment. Big Show, Johnny and Tensai absolutely stinking things up every week.

Vince needs to pull the trigger on a big overhaul next week. Get Lesnar back, get Flair back, whoever else he can throw money at. Promote Ambrose, Rollins, Steamboat, and some new tag teams in otherwise it will be physically impossible to sit through 3 hours of the drivel we've seen lately.

I'd get rid of the US Title too. It's absolutely meaningless in his current form. Santino's useful for a 5 minute comedy cameo and thats that. With no brand split, there's no need for it and Cody Rhodes has done a fine job of restoring some credibility to the IC belt.

There's also potential in the Tag division with additions like Reks/Hawkins, Young/O'Neal and Epico/Primo. Just give them some time so show what they can do. The big thing for me is teams looking like teams with matching gear. Too many guys have just been thrown together over the recent years.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Big Show's ability to remain in one character type is all out of joint - he's turned so many times that he can't control it - I bet he turns heel and face randomly during the day: buying his missus a cake then smashing her face into it; giving his kids trophies, then breaking them; getting into a high-speed pursuit with the coppers, then pulling over and giving them all piggyback rides. His hands are the size of big hands, people!

Yeah I think I'm gonna stop watching for a bit at least until the 1000th Raw. I'm just not feeling it.

There was stuff i liked but nothing feels as if it has momentum. Ryback is cool and all but since April he's squashed nothing but jobbers and maybe Heath Slater, he needs to move on. Sin Cara is cool as well but he needs to do something else as well.

It was cool seeing Reks and Hawkins too, but again there wasn't really any story with them or with our Tag Team Champions!

Its all very meh. Feels like a bunch of segments with no cohesion and most of them will have no relevance next week, and the ones that do aren't all that entertaining. I HATE Michael Cole with a passion so I didn't even bother to watch that last bit.

• Paid Members

Ryback squashing the Jobbers Of Honor and Cena vs Cole were brilliant. "It's slobberknocker good!" is the line of the year so far. That's about all that was worthwhile. The Bryan/Kane/Punk/AJ stuff is painful to watch. Dolph and Vickie are never going to split up, Eve wasn't shown and Tyler Reeks was on. Not a good week.

Chatroom was good though, really strong roster, even with some big names missing. Hopefully we can tempt some of them back for the 1000th show.

to me during the Sin Cara match he seemed to be worried about messing up must of knew it was his last chance and they took away his leaping entrance one less potential botch

Ryback squashing the Jobbers Of Honor and Cena vs Cole were brilliant. That's about it. "It's slobberknocker good!" is the line of the year so far. The Bryan/Kane/Punk/AJ stuff is painful to watch.

Chatroom was good though, really strong roster, even with some big names missing. Hopefully we can tempt some of them back for the 1000th show.

It speaks volumes that the chatroom for Raw had more star power than the actual show.

Anyway, I totally forgot Raw happened last night. I don't watch the damn thing, I usually read the spoilers and watch WWE Experience as I have council telly, but even the discussion just paints a picture of misery and boredom at the moment and I've not even bothered to watch Experience recently.

I can't begin to imagine the ratings from Week 2 onwards for the 3 hour Raws. Surely they'll be hit hard? Nobody here can be arsed with it!

• Paid Members
Ryback squashing the Jobbers Of Honor and Cena vs Cole were brilliant. "It's slobberknocker good!" is the line of the year so far. That's about all that was worthwhile. The Bryan/Kane/Punk/AJ stuff is painful to watch. Dolph and Vickie are never going to split up, Eve wasn't shown and Tyler Reeks was on. Not a good week.

There need to be some good contracts for the chatroom - downside guarantee, creative control. That's how we'll get some of the big guns back.

Well I thought that was pretty mixed for the most part. I absolutley HATED the Cena/Cole stuff, why have they gone back to super heel Cole's "Pie In The Face" comedy? And why am I supposed to believe that no one is allowed to put their hands on commentators, but they are allowed to be booked in supposed "wrestling" matches? That's absurd.

CM Punk Vs Kane was decent, Kofi/Truth Vs. Rekks/Hawkins felt like a Heat match, Sin Cara/Hunico was alright I suppose but I was cringing for the whole match waiting for him to slip or something. Ryback's squashes are starting to get old now and he should move on to Kane or another big dog like that after No Way Out. Sheamus/Ziggler was a complete snoozefest, and Ziggler seriously needs to ditch Vickie and actualy get involved with something. I actualy think that the best thing on the show was AJ, she was wonderful in that backstage interview.

• Paid Members

JR Posted this on Twitter:

'@michaelcole was a trooper last night wearing JR'S BBQ sauces & taking @JohnCena AA. apology accepted. Let's move on.'

Hopefully this is the last of the Cole/King/JR saga which went on for way too long.

What has happened to Raw!

It's hard to believe that just a few months ago we had a great Wrestlemania, then a lead up to Lesnar/Cena, a brutal Extreme Rules, then WWE gave up.

It's such a shame to see the hard work undone.

Cena vs Cole was fine in execution for what it is... But what it is is stupid. It is a year since Cole has been a potent villain, and he got his comeuppance then. There was no reason at all to have him as Cena's opponent, other than "the alternative is shitty Tensai." It'd be one thing if Cole had been rampaging around picking on people lately, but he hasn't, so Cena vs Cole isn't even a strong prospect, I'd think. Strong overtones of a jock bullying a nerdy kid as well.

Remember that time Evan Bourne was Cena's tag team partner and it seemed like a big deal for him? It was good, that. It lasted a week or two before WWE got bored of it and Nexus came and Bourne was a nobody again. But I'd rather have seen something like that. Cena and Someone (Santino? Ryder? A returning Bourne?) vs Big Show and Tensai.

Kofi feuding with Orton was good as well. That was predicated on Kofi saying "I'm not just going to be the midcard whipping boy who gets casually battered by main eventers and does nothing about it." But that's exactly what he is again. The tag match was decent stuff, but utterly pointless, like most everything else on the show.

AJ had some development, at least. She still annoys the fuck out of me, but at least she's not meant to be the sympathetic sweet girl anymore.

It was terrible again. I don't want to see a semi-naked Michael Cole, who does? Ryback has done the same thing for months now, i don't care, I am bored of him. Im not a Kofi or R-Truth fan so that bored me. I like Ziggler but they need to make him solo already. Michael Cole was the best bit of the Cena/JL section and I've already stated my dislike of that. The Punk/Kane stuff was decent but nothing amazing. AJ can't act.

If I tune in next week it will only be because Vince is back, if it sucks, I think I will done with Raw for a bit, probably till the 1000 show like someone else mentioned

Archived