WWE Raw *Spoilers*

Nick James

• Paid Members

Raw topics seem to be getting later each week.

Raw wasnt too bad this week, wasnt too great either.

Ziggler got a good showing against sheamus, heres hoping that it continues. Heard rumours that Ric Flair could become his manager if he returns.

Think the Kane/AJ coupling is looking obvious but hope it doesnt happen.

Michael Cole storming by Vickie when returning to the announcers desk was hilarious. Wasnt a big fan of them returning to Cole getting humiliated and having to apologise to King and JR for something that has been over for about a year.

Tensai, Ugh!

Reks and Hawkins on Raw finally!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thought it was a pretty poor Raw with glimpses of decent wrestling there especially from Kofi and Ziggler. Isn't it about time Ziggler had a title shot again and actually kept it as long as Sheamus seems to have done? No divas match or Eve which was strange because Eve's been one of the best things on Raw of late. Cole v Cena or Tensai v Cena is just ridiculous. It really felt like the Michael Cole show. A boring start, a very disturbing end and if I wasn't on the chat room here I'd have been bored to tears.

• Paid Members

I watched some of this while waiting for America's Got Talent to download (you should all be watching that, Howard Stern is great on it).

The show was built around Cena v Cole. Clearly they panicked about the 2.7 and decided Cena had to be mentioned as often as possible (I'm fine with that). Their match was good fun, Cole and Cena played off each other brilliantly, and the sleeper hold/apology spot made me legit LOL, which never happens with 'rasslin.

I've never seen anybody get less of a reaction than Tensia, in the push/spot he's been given. Nobody reacts to a thing he does. My biggest problem with him is how unsteady he looks - clearly his knees are gone and it looks like a huge effort every time he wants to get back to his feet.

The only other thing of note was the Big Show build. They ripped off that great "I'm Brock Lesnar and I'm an ass kicker" video, it wasn't anywhere near as good though. I skipped last weeks show, but that beatdown on Brodus, Kofi etc looked great.

Raw topics seem to be getting later each week.

Raw wasnt too bad this week, wasnt too great either.

Ziggler got a good showing against sheamus, heres hoping that it continues. Heard rumours that Ric Flair could become his manager if he returns.

Think the Kane/AJ coupling is looking obvious but hope it doesnt happen.

Michael Cole storming by Vickie when returning to the announcers desk was hilarious. Wasnt a big fan of them returning to Cole getting humiliated and having to apologise to King and JR for something that has been over for about a year.

Tensai, Ugh!

Reks and Hawkins on Raw finally!

Yeah, was quiet in chat, but there were some good discussions.

Raw wasnt a complete disaster, until the end. That ending with JR BBQ Sauce and Cole getting his clobber ripped off was beyond awful. Rib or whatever I dont know. It had no place on TV whatsoever.

The opening of the show was flat and horrid as well. JL really needs to go from being an on screen character asap and why Cole had to do Big Show's bit for him was beyond me (I know it was later said it was his night off). It doesnt really add anything when a wrestler who is perfectly capable on the mic is sidelined for an announcer. Adds nothing to the feud and doesn't help Show's turn any either.

Sin Cara vs Sin Cara (Hunico) was miles better than the woeful match last year, the lighting in the match has to go though and Sin Cara, really needs to do more than be a spot monkey. Though it is getting better.

The Tag Match was okay

Sheamus vs Ziggler was okay as well. Given some rumours of another suspension looming could Zigs be the one to go as he is getting booked into oblivion at present. Afterwards with Bore Rio was only worth it to see the nasty head bump that Sheamus took to that WWE Logo on the side of the stage in the post match beatdown

Ryback needs to stop that silly stomp, it looks ridiculous

Tensai didnt look at all good and no sold everything that Cena threw at him.

Kane vs Punk was well, there

And that was it, no divas or anything else of note that I can remember.

So So

Thought it was a pretty poor Raw with glimpses of decent wrestling there especially from Kofi and Ziggler. Isn't it about time Ziggler had a title shot again and actually kept it as long as Sheamus seems to have done? No divas match or Eve which was strange because Eve's been one of the best things on Raw of late. Cole v Cena or Tensai v Cena is just ridiculous. It really felt like the Michael Cole show. A boring start, a very disturbing end and if I wasn't on the chat room here I'd have been bored to tears.

Well speaking of Dolph

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Wrestlezone reported that when they bring in Ric Flair back in which they are aiming to do but on a legends contract, they are going to put Flair as a manager for Dolph

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Stan Stansky is one of the best jobber names in wrestling history. And apparently, Stan Stanski is WWE's SVP of Creative Services.

Anyone know who the jobbers were, BTW? I thought they did their job (no pun intended) very well.

• Paid Members

The highlight for me was FINALLY seeing Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins on Raw. Hopefully this will be a permanent thing. The Cole thing was fairly entertaining at first but was there really any need for him to get undressed? Not exactly what I needed to see. Another plus was that Big Johnny's still on his scooter. However overall it was, once again, a pretty dull and very missable episode.

Why were they making out the Big Show as always been a jokey comedy character. There's been loads of times when he as been a heel and given a monster push. I was pleased to see some of the clips from his early 2000 gimmick when he was copying other wrestlers.

Also why is Vince doing the employer reviews? What's Vince's role now? How does he have the power to sack Johnny if his power was removed last year?

• Paid Members

Chat was a lot of fun, for the brief periods I was in there - last week was a real chat nadir, with about 3 people in there (although they were great people, and Cleetus), but this week was good fun. Seems to have turned a corner, with some of the more obvious malcontents forced out, and only good people like myself, Pat, Niff, NEWM, and others in there.

Why were they making out the Big Show as always been a jokey comedy character. There's been loads of times when he as been a heel and given a monster push. I was pleased to see some of the clips from his early 2000 gimmick when he was copying other wrestlers.

Also why is Vince doing the employer reviews? What's Vince's role now? How does he have the power to sack Johnny if his power was removed last year?

In the storyline he is still CEO and Chairman.

Archived