Laziness

Frankie Crisp

Sometimes doing absolutely nothing is one of the greatest pleasures life has to offer.

Some people come out with that 'I work hard so I can play hard' claptrap as if they're applying for The Apprentice. Not me. I work hard so I can enjoy the option of doing absolutely fuck all when the inclination strikes me. Now that I'm in my 30s, that inclination strikes me more often than it used to, but even thinking back to the days when a big night out clubbing was the highlight of the week, I used to enjoy the next afternoon (once the hangover had gone) winding down in front of Neighbours and Quincy almost as much.

I endorse this post. The idea of a weekend doing fuck all apart from BBQing, playing with my cats and hanging with my wife, is what keeps me going at work. I'd rather do this than meet up with mates, most of the time. I'm aware that this means I'm transitioning into a sad old man, but fuck it.

The idea of going clubbing now on a Friday night after work horrifies me, I'm capable of crawling into my pyjamas an ordering a takeaway and that's it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

At the risk of turning this into an old farts thread, I agree with Loki and Magnum. Not that I've ever been arsed with clubbing and that anyway, but I've recently discovered the delight of doing my work as quickly as possible early in the day, and then having the time to settle down with a film or a few episodes of Lost with Mrs Small and taking my daughters around London. Next weekend I plan on doing nothing but watching James Bond films and playing Super Mario Bros. 3 right the way through.

• Paid Members

I've always prefered pubs to clubs anyway. I found I went clubbing more when I was single and just wanting to get pissed and shag about. Can't really be arsed with it all these days, I'm happy either having a few drinks at the pub or just staying in with the girlfriend. .

Archived