Laziness

Frankie Crisp

Ever since my chair broke I've been sitting on my bed while at the computer. I usually sit at the end, with my legs bent resting on a little step thing, but from time to time I get uncomfortable so sit further back, legs stretched out, leaning back on a pile of pillows. Occasionally I get caught out when I need to type something but the keyboard is on my desk, which stands where my feet end. Sticking my arm out isn't enough to reach it so I need to sit up and stretch forward about 6 inches. Depending on what I need to type this can be more effort than I can be arsed with, not to mention I'll have to faff about with my pillows again to get comfortable support.

So, I will trawl through whatever page I have open and copy + paste individual or pairs of letters (or more, if I'm lucky) until I have built up whatever words I need. I only do this with short strings, like search queries, but it's pretty ridiculous.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes doing absolutely nothing is one of the greatest pleasures life has to offer.

Some people come out with that 'I work hard so I can play hard' claptrap as if they're applying for The Apprentice. Not me. I work hard so I can enjoy the option of doing absolutely fuck all when the inclination strikes me. Now that I'm in my 30s, that inclination strikes me more often than it used to, but even thinking back to the days when a big night out clubbing was the highlight of the week, I used to enjoy the next afternoon (once the hangover had gone) winding down in front of Neighbours and Quincy almost as much.

Typing this is making me depressed, however, as I have to suit up and drag myself to a fucking wedding out in the sticks in a couple of hours when I'd much rather be sat in my pants with a greasy pizza watching the opening ceremony of Euro 2012 :(

Sometimes doing absolutely nothing is one of the greatest pleasures life has to offer.

Some people come out with that 'I work hard so I can play hard' claptrap as if they're applying for The Apprentice. Not me. I work hard so I can enjoy the option of doing absolutely fuck all when the inclination strikes me. Now that I'm in my 30s, that inclination strikes me more often than it used to, but even thinking back to the days when a big night out clubbing was the highlight of the week, I used to enjoy the next afternoon (once the hangover had gone) winding down in front of Neighbours and Quincy almost as much.

Typing this is making me depressed, however, as I have to suit up and drag myself to a fucking wedding out in the sticks in a couple of hours when I'd much rather be sat in my pants with a greasy pizza watching the opening ceremony of Euro 2012 :(

I have lost most of my mates as i can't be arsed with going out anymore. I'm 33 and engaged what the fuck do i wanna go out for? Like you said rather be lazing about eating junk food watching television.

Also on a day off i really resent doing things. When i'm at work i do 14 hour shifts so i reserve the right to spend as much time on my sofa as possible.

I'm a bit of a weird one when it comes to laziness (No where near the level of downloading a film because I can't be bothered to get up though!)

At work I'm pretty lazy during the day, realize I fall behind target then smash it in the last hour, and around the house I'm extremely lazy. I hate getting out of bed, especially when there's nothing to get up form yet I would love to have the ability to just get up at 6am go for a jog, have a shower etc but my mind any body just don't let me. Also, on this site especially, if someone posts a link to an article, I won't click it, yet if someone copies and pastes the article, I will. I've probably missed many a good reads due to that.

My most contradictory thing about laziness though is when it comes to nights out. At the end of the night, when we're all heading home, if the house is less than 5 miles away I will jog it as opposed to getting a taxi. Even when everyone else is getting a taxi so it would only cost me a couple of quid.

Eh? You jog home from a night out? That's one of the oddest things I've ever heard. Doesn't the jingle jangle of small change in your pocket annoy you?

That's why you should have a wallet :thumbsup:

Eh? You jog home from a night out? That's one of the oddest things I've ever heard. Doesn't the jingle jangle of small change in your pocket annoy you?

I've been meaning to get a wallet for about seven years now. Too lazy to.

I work ridiculously crazy hours. Averaging about four hours sleep most nights. So in terms of work ethic, there's not a lazy bone in my body. Also its just gone midnight and now i'm getting ready to hit Swansea's 24 hour gym, so i'm not physically lazy either.

However, when it comes to cleaning, cooking or any household chores, i'm the laziest person around. And now since I live alone, I have a cleaner to do most chores, and almost always eat out for nearly every meal. And when my daughter was born, I was a lazy dad too, never changed nappies, bathed her or fed her, I left that to her mum, she was better at it...well thats how I justified it anyway. And I also pay everyone to do everything for me, whether its set up my tv, construct my bed or paint my living room wall. I don't do DIY.

• Paid Members

I've been meaning to get a wallet for about seven years now. Too lazy to.

I hate the jangling of change, to the degree that I won't ever carry any. I tend to spread it all over the place - bottoms of bags, drawers, my office, bookcases. Eventually, I consolidate it all, and buy some pop.

• Paid Members

Loving this thread, so good to know that plenty of you lot are as disgustingly lazy as me. I genuinely feel terrible for being so lazy sometimes, yet still don't seem to be able to motivate myself to do anything about it. I manage to drag myself into work every weekday and I hit the gym three or four nights a week but beyond that I do nothing but sit on my arse. I dread to think what state my house would be in if I lived alone.

I genuinely don't know how I would be able to survive living on my own. I seem to be eternally engaged in a staring battle with the mess in my house in the eventual hope it will finally cave and clean itself. If it wasn't for my girlfriend (who admittedly does the majority of the housework), I would probably be on Grimebusters.

I have found recently that doing things as they happen (cleaning out cans for recycling when I finish them, for example) works much better, because a 3 second job now works otu much better the night the recycling bins go out because I don't have to clean a thousand cans out.

I am still a lazy, lazy bastard and I know it, though.

Archived