Laziness

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

How lazy are you/have you been? I work my bollocks off in work and am pretty sure I put as much as possible in to my job, but sometimes on the home front I can be pathetically lazy.

The other night, I was in bed with my laptop doing a bit of work and decided to watch a film before getting my head down. I fancied watching Predator, for some reason, and the DVD was in the spare room. I downloaded it because I couldn't be bothered moving to walk about 8 yards.

Earlier today, I got an email off Tesco saying I had unused Clubcard points. It said I could print them off if I'd lost the voucher, by clicking on a link. I did, but it asked me to verify my Clubcard number. My wallet was behind me on the worktop and I probably could have reached it if I'd stretched but I just closed the window, again due to not having the motivation to move.

I had a friend stay over last night and as I hadn't tidied the flat in a while, I decided to make the effort. Pretty much everything that was littering the bedroom and front room just ended up getting lashed in the spare room instead of being put away/hung up. I then told her the spare room was out of commission for one reason or another so she ended up sleeping in my bed and I went on the sofa, just because I couldn't bother myself to hang up a few jumpers 12 hours earlier.

They're hardly going to grind the world to a halt, but I'm not happy that I seem to have become a lazy fucker lately on the home front. How about you lot? Do you leave a shit programme on because the remote hasn't got a remote?

I was going to start this thread this afternoon, but couldn't be arsed.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm the same. I work my arse off at work, I do loads of unpaid overtime because I have a busy workload.

At home I'm lazy and do as little as I can get away with, my wife is a bit of a nag so she ends up incentivising me with beer and stuff to do the housework.

That's some amazing laziness. The bit about downloading the film cracked me up. I thought I was lazy, but compared to you, no way.

I'm too lazy to learn how to cook properly, but when I can't even be bothered to put a pizza in the oven I worry a bit. I am lazy to the point where I unload the dishwasher a bit at a time over a couple of days until it's done, rather than all in one go. I never put my socks away in the drawer either, cos it's too much effort. Once they are washed and dried I just put them all in a pile on the sofa in my bedroom and take them from the pile as I need them.

Sometimes the laziness does spread to tidying and cleaning, which I don't like. I try and stay on top of all that, but if there's something good on TV, that's bound to take priority.

• Paid Members

Looks like the new man phase is a thing of the past. We appear to have gone back to times where the man works then sits on a couch for the rest of the evening (or at a table with knife and fork in hand) and expect the house to be cleaned by the woman. Despite the woman working all day too. Dear dear.

• Paid Members

Due to my PS3 being fitted with a new blu-ray kit the last 9 hours has consisted of Arkham City and two trips to the loo.

I've never accused myself of being a hard worker.

• Paid Members

I once used Google street view to order me some Chinese. The thought of having to go downstairs and take the phone number off the menu was a bit much, so I just took it off the shop window with the magic of street view. In fairess, I did steal this idea from someone else. It's still pretty lazy though.

• Paid Members

I view it opportunity cost. Is the benefit worth the expenditure?

That why I rarely leave the house or change my pants. The benefit just isn't great enough to justify the effort.

Archived