Don't look!

AshC

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

ClassicsGuy - Fair do's, like I say, hasn't ruined my night or owt. Air Raid's right to be fair, given Ricky's ties to wrestling I should have expected it and not come on here. I forgot he even was a wrestler after a few episodes to be honest

Ricky Hype has to be the first British wrestler (or any wrestler, for that matter) to announce his retirement from the ring on BBC1.

Not technically an announcement, but I remember them covering Owen Hart's.

I was travelling back from IPW:UK in Sittingbourne ironically enough when The Apprentice was aired and I've now just watched it, having recorded it on my Sky Plus.

I therefore made a conscious decision to stick a CD on in the car, to avoid any news broadcasts, and to not switch my PC on, so as not to find out the result. Now that I've seen the programme, I've switched my PC on, and here I am.

It's really that simple. If you can't figure that out in your head, you really don't deserve a shred of sympathy. Sorry.

• Paid Members
Ricky Hype has to be the first British wrestler (or any wrestler, for that matter) to announce his retirement from the ring on BBC1.

Nobody ever retires in wrestling. I think he was just working the BBC. I bet Bob Ryder is on the phone as we speak negotiating a Gut Check challenge and telling him he'll put him up for a few months in his house in exchange for that

• Awards Moderator
I was travelling back from IPW:UK in Sittingbourne ironically enough when The Apprentice was aired and I've now just watched it, having recorded it on my Sky Plus.

I therefore made a conscious decision to stick a CD on in the car, to avoid any news broadcasts, and to not switch my PC on, so as not to find out the result. Now that I've seen the programme, I've switched my PC on, and here I am.

It's really that simple. If you can't figure that out in your head, you really don't deserve a shred of sympathy. Sorry.

You're talking out of your Ayass.

People should feel free to go online and choose which threads they do and don't read. If some pillock starts a thread announcing the winner when there's a very good chance that others may have not watched the show at the time it was broadcast, then they're a bit of a tool.

• Paid Members
People should feel free to go online and choose which threads they do and don't read.

I'm afraid that's the key word. They should, but now and ever more, they can't.

• Paid Members

I came on here a few months ago and made sure not to view the topic relating to Lesnars last UFC fight, which ended up with him losing, quiting and eventually joining WWE. The reason i tried to avoid the 'Lesnar' topic... I had not seen the event.

I did however open the RAW topic, and fav computer games topic. I then found out that Lesnar had lost and quit UFC.

I was pissed off, but several people replied and said "ha, fuck you, your fault you simple fucking comuter log in thick shite wanker', or words of a similar nature.

I understood my place and also realised 'when to' turn a computer on. Yes, you can turn your computer on, but always assume someone will tell you the ending, or call you a bucket fanny/idiot.

You're talking out of your Ayass.

People should feel free to go online and choose which threads they do and don't read. If some pillock starts a thread announcing the winner when there's a very good chance that others may have not watched the show at the time it was broadcast, then they're a bit of a tool.

So people should feel free to go online whenever they want but people shouldn't feel free to talk about something which has been broadcast on prime time TV on BBC1? I think you're the one talking out of their backside.

I completely understand why people put live US broadcasts in spoiler tags, because most people don't/can't stay up through the night to watch it live. But there's a huge difference between that and a prime time TV broadcast.

As I said, I knew that I couldn't see it live and I also knew that people would be talking about it, not just on here but on Twitter, Facebook, and mainstream news channels. I also texted a few people the day before to tell them not to send me a text about it, as they knew that I know Ricky from his wrestling days and was rooting for him. I didn't want it spoiled so I chose to shut myself off from the outside world for a few hours until I got to see it. I still fail to see how that it so difficult to do it for some people.

Jesus wept...

I can sympathise with people who didn't link UKFF and Ricky Hype. It's hardly drilled into your head when you're watching the Apprentice (except the final). If you couldn't find The Apprentice thread, why wouldn't you create another one in off topic with spoiler tags and the mods could merge the two if needs be? When the option of a spoiler tag is there, why wouldn't you use it for this? Luckily, I didn't check on wrestling news last night and avoided this. If it would have been spoilt, I'd have been right pissed off.

Get a bloody brain between yourselves rather than spouting your 'haha ur own fawlt 2012 init'

Archived