Don't look!

AshC

As has been said, there is a thread in Off Topic for The Apprentice, there was also a thread in On Topic started when it was announced that a wrestler was taking part in the show. Why not post in one of those if you wanted to comment on the result? As it is you felt the need to start a whole new thread spoiling the result for anyone who has recorded the show.

Actually, unless it's been given a wacky thread title, there isn't.

There's currently two pages of threads in Off-Topic, dating back to 28th May, and there's no thread entitled 'The Apprentice'.

There is a thread in Off Topic for The Apprentice as I've posted in it earlier in the series. I believe that was the thread in which Lister also posted a photo of himself on some ride at a theme park, which also happened to feature a couple of the contestants in the background.

Just because you can't find it doesn't mean there isn't a thread (and if I wasn't on my phone I'd find it and link to it).

*Edit* sockospice has just linked to it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah I understand the internet's instantaneous and stuff like this will be hard to avoid.

But it's still a tad annoying. I was on the bus home planning to watch this in a bit. I thought I'd be alright to have a quick look on here. Wrong.

It's not a massive deal, hasn't ruined my night or anything just a bit of an annoyance to have the end ruined. I mean you wouldn't start a thread about a new movie at the cinema and give away the ending in the thread title.

As has been said, there is a thread in Off Topic for The Apprentice, there was also a thread in On Topic started when it was announced that a wrestler was taking part in the show. Why not post in one of those if you wanted to comment on the result? As it is you felt the need to start a whole new thread spoiling the result for anyone who has recorded the show.

There's currently two pages of threads in Off-Topic, dating back to 28th May, and there's no thread entitled 'The Apprentice'.

There is a thread in Off Topic for The Apprentice as I've posted in it earlier in the series. I believe that was the thread in which Lister also posted a photo of himself on some ride at a theme park, which also happened to feature a couple of the contestants in the background.

Just because you can't find it doesn't mean there isn't a thread (and if I wasn't on my phone I'd find it and link to it).

It's not in the Off Topic forum. It's in the UK Fan Forum.

Yeah I understand the internet's instantaneous and stuff like this will be hard to avoid.

But it's still a tad annoying. I was on the bus home planning to watch this in a bit. I thought I'd be alright to have a quick look on here. Wrong.

It's not a massive deal, hasn't ruined my night or anything just a bit of an annoyance to have the end ruined. I mean you wouldn't start a thread about a new movie at the cinema and give away the ending in the thread title.

No, you wouldn't.

But I think a tv show being watched by 7 million people, with the result already reported on by many different major media sources, is a valid topic to be talked about straight away without the spoiler stuff.

I mean, I was listening to the radio just now and they just mentioned the result on the news. It's everywhere. If you want to avoid something, avoid all media/tv/radio until you watch it.

I know when I'm in work on a Tuesday and I want to watch Raw when I get home, I avoid this forum, all the major wrestling sites, and hell, even Twitter. It's just common sense. Just seems so silly to get upset by this stuff in 2012.

I am currently on holiday in Turkey and I have checked the UKFF every so often to check on the latest wrestling rumours and results. There is no need for announcing wrestler wins The Apprentice! in the title of a thread.

There was already a thread saying Ricky was in The Apprentice started months ago which could have been easily updated or even in the ongoing discussion in off topic on The Apprentice.

We live in an era of on demand, and I have been avoiding social networks and the BBC to avoid the result. I would have thought the userbase would have had sensitivity on here with the current spoiler rules for wrestling on here. Obviously not.

You have to look at it like Match of the Day kinda.

If people have waited all day to watch it without knowing the results then BBC decided to spoil them minutes before it was on, you'd be a tad fucked off, because it takes away the excitement.

I tend to see most TV as how WWE spoilers work, if there's anything someone can complain about, spoiler tag the fuck out of it for 3 days, or incur the wrath of those who may have been unable to watch.

Its like how BBC Radio 1 won't even reveal who was kicked off the show until around the time Greg James is on to give people a chance to tune out or catch up.

Umm, sorry about this but urrgh, when somebody wins the league the BBC tell you the result in their news programme (not always with a warning either because they reveal it in the main headlines) before MOTD.

Haha, I love that the revised thread title doesn't actually make any reference to The Apprentice, so any unsuspecting forum members just logging on now may be in for a treat.

I love the fact there's a Ricky Martin thread that hadn't been posted in for nearly three months, that is suddenly been posted in by myself and one other person.

A) An indication of how little interest there has been in the past 3 months; and B ) Bit of a give away that a Ricky Martin thread is suddenly being posted in.

So far tonight, I've seen stories on Ricky Martin winning on nearly every major U.K. media site anyone can name, plus heard it announced on both local radio news and Radio 5 Live news.

I think in terms of having their enjoyment spoilt by this forum, that would be the least of their worries, given how widespread his win is being reported.

• Paid Members

That I can agree with.

And to Vamp's earlier post, indeed you're correct, though there was various weeks where I did manage to not find out anything by switching off BBC when they told me too, but you do have a point.

Pedant. I've just bumped the thread in Off Topic purely for your good self, just to prove that there was already a thread for The Apprentice (as I stated), along with the one in On Topic.

By the way, guessing you were straight on to Meltzer as soon as the result was out aswell!

• Paid Members

Its very daft if you havent watched The Apprentice final yet when there is a pro wrestler involved, to go reading a pro wrestling forum when the finale has aired and you havent seen it yet. It reminds me of a similar debate that came up just after Christmas when UFC spoilers were posted in a wrestling thread. Its not a stretch at all to assume the related discussion may come up, so why take the chance? Its not hard to avoid something being spoiled, but you can make it harder and people always manage to.

I know when I'm in work on a Tuesday and I want to watch Raw when I get home, I avoid this forum, all the major wrestling sites, and hell, even Twitter. It's just common sense.

He gets it.

Pedant. I've just bumped the thread in Off Topic purely for your good self, just to prove that there was already a thread for The Apprentice (as I stated), along with the one in On Topic.

By the way, guessing you were straight on to Meltzer as soon as the result was out aswell!

News is news. It's not 'News but only when every person has seen it'.

Archived