TNA's latest crazy idea.

diamond_dust

Sorry if this has been posted but a quick scout didn't show anything.

http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1338518644

TNA President Dixie Carter announced on tonight's live 5/31 episode of Impact Wrestling that the company would be creating a Hall of Fame and that the first inductee will be announced at the Slammiversary PPV on 6/10 in Arlington, Texas.

To me this just shows they've gotten a little over excited just for reaching 10 years. A real Hall of Fame should just be Legends who aren't going to accomplish anything more in their careers, ie retired and the induction is a celebration of their whole career. Obviously TNA will induct Sting & probably Hogan at some point while still under contract but who else has actually done anything of not that should be in there?

It's either going to be a list of "look what stars we had who didn't actually contribute anything to the company/industry during their time here (Nash, Steiner, Hall etc) or people who were associated with the company through ins early years, in which case we can look forward to a world where Monty Brown & Chris Harris are Hall of Famers.

Any thoughts?

*Edit - changed title as realised when I'd posted it was a spoiler*

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I guess the obvious choice is Sting, who hasn't been inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame and I guess this will be TNA's shot at WWE saying, "Look! We inducted him into a Hall of Fame before you!" considering Hogan's already in the WWE's.

But yes, it does seem a bit

With them inducting one person per year I don't see where the big issue is. It's perfectly acceptable and not that big a deal really. Start it off with Sting, then do other big names like Angle and Jarrett who are nearing the end of their careers. Heck, maybe throw Nash and Hogan in there as well (and Steiner, if he calms down). Then you can do guys like Tenay, West, Lynn & Raven who SHOULD be in a TNA HoF and by that point some of the "TNA Original" guys and Team 3D, for example, would be at that age where they can go in too. Anyway, I don't mind this. Is it a bit premature? Sure but overall I find it to be a perfectly fine idea. Either way though, it's no big deal.

AJ Styles then, surely? TNA since day one, never been WWE, first guy to do this, first guy to do that, won all the titles, etc etc. Plus, aren't they doing something where he's meant to be fucking Dixie on the side? This would play perfectly into that angle.

• Paid Members

The fact they are inducting one guy (AJ no doubt), and it will be on the PPV, seems to me like they are playing it into the storyline that they are setting up a HOF just to feed the ego of the bloke she's fucking on the side.

For anyone who's interested, the Observer described this weeks Impact as "a show so much better than Raw that they should be classified in different genres". You should all check it out. Its belting.

Well I'd guess Savage would be among the first few to get inducted as TNA should be aware of him not being in WWE's Hall of Fame and how fans keep saying he should be and then TNA will induct him, hopefully due to what he has done for wrestling but in reality I think WWE not inducting him and fans wanting him to be in their Hall of Fame would play a big part. Plus Savage has been in TNA.

I'd guess they'd put guys like Bischoff, DDP, Nash and so on in. Then maybe guys like Harley Race, Flair and so on. They'd have to put some real legends in even if they have only appeared once or twice in TNA, or never even appeared in TNA before but became legends in other promotions or else their Hall of Fame would look a bit of a joke. WWE usually puts in guys who are retired or semi retired, if they had current guys inducted then it'd be a bit diluted as the Hall of Fame is supposed to be the pinnacle of their career, if they get into the Hall of Fame whilst still being a current full time wrestler on their roster then what else is there to prove?

Well look whos been there since day one or just about

AJ

Jeff Jarrett

Abyss

Daniels

Bobby Roo(de)

James Storm

Chris Sabin

Kaz

Eric Young

Mike Tenay

I am really liking the idea of building up Devon as champion on TV every week but this week he should of been given more TV time to face his opponent this week make him seem like he could hang with the best of the company. The only other issues I have with Devon maybe update his attire and give him some new ring music, there is a diamond there it just needs polishing (if that makes any sense).

• Paid Members
The fact they are inducting one guy (AJ no doubt), and it will be on the PPV, seems to me like they are playing it into the storyline that they are setting up a HOF just to feed the ego of the bloke she's fucking on the side.

For anyone who's interested, the Observer described this weeks Impact as "a show so much better than Raw that they should be classified in different genres". You should all check it out. Its belting.

Spot on. If you're jaded of WWEs current output, give TNA another go. I did, it was worth the bother.

Probably AJ Styles though. It's about time TNA started acting big time, so I'm all for a Hall Of Fame.

Archived