WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 6/1/2012

ThePhenom

• Paid Members

Not a lot of chat about this yet, but I found it to be a very enjoyable show. 100% better than Raw this week, some good matches, fresh faces and another fun Ryback handicap squash.

Sheamus came off well in the opening segement and looked a million times better than when he was giving a grovelling apology to Big Johnny a month or so ago. I liked his 'never trust a hooligan' line after booting Otunga in the head, maybe he'll use that as a bit of a catchphrase? His new t-shirt is a massive improvement over his racist-looking 'Great White' one too.

Sin Cara returned with new red and silver ring attire, which I thought looked smart. Not a lot to complain about with his match if we're being fair, it was botch-free from what I saw. I know he's been a failure so far, but I welcome his return and enjoy the variety he brings to the show.

Damien Sandow defeated Big Zeke pretty handily. He's got a great look has Sandow and it's good to see a new face getting a bit of a push. SmackDown feels so much fresher than Raw at the moment with all the new faces. Things don't look good for Zeke though- he's too big to be a jobber surely? Might be released soon.

Ryback pulled out so many different power moves in that squash, I think he needs to be careful he doesn't over-do it. His squashes were more effective when they were over in under a minute. I'm still loving the guy though- he's one of my favourite things in WWE at the moment.

Sheamus vs Ziggler was as good a match as you would expect. Given a decent amount of time too.

Titus and Young now have a proper tag team name! The Primetime Players! I was well excited about that, it's a good name too. These guys now have matching attire, a tag team name and a tag team finisher- I'm loving it. Great to see some effort being put into their development. They lost to Santino and Ryder but that won't do them any harm.

Big Show's demolition of Santino and Ryder on the ramp which followed their victory was great. That one segment was more effective than all of the countless Big Show segments from Raw put together.

Rhodes beat Kidd in a decent match. I'm not into idea of an ongoing Rhodes/Christian feud at all though.

Main event stuff was alright- it was a decent match. Seems very strange to have Kane crowbarred into a feud between Punk and Bryan, but we'll see how it pans out before shitting on it.

Well, it sounds a bit better than Raw at least. Probably not by much though, I can't believe they have actually brought back Sin Cara. Why won't they just admit that he has bombed and try with someone/something new? Kane being in this Bryan/Punk/AJ storyline is a travesty as well, No Way Out is shaping up to be the worst PPV since Hell In A Cell

A travesty?

Bit of an exaggeration.

Your opinions always give me a headache. I don't understand where you come from most the time.

• Paid Members

ThePhenom seems like one of those horrible form of fans who just expects the greatest show ever every single time or something like that, i don't know. His show reviews are almost always either overly negative or overly positive like he's not allowed to have any inbetween whatsoever.

ThePhenom seems like one of those horrible form of fans who just expects the greatest show ever every single time or something like that, i don't know. His show reviews are almost always either overly negative or overly positive like he's not allowed to have any inbetween whatsoever.

It must just be the way I come across when I type. It's probably just becuase I feel the need to either express what I strongly dislike or what I really enjoy, and the inbetween stuff isn't really that noteworthy or memorable enough for me to be arsed to address it. As for this show, I'm still enjoying both Sandow and Ryback, and Sin Cara wasn't as offensive to my eyes as I am used to. The main event of Punk Vs. Kane was alright I guess. I found Sheamus' stuff incredibly boring, and I wish they hadn't of squashed The Prime Time Players about a minute after they were given their new name as well. It's not something that I would have done anyway. This was still better than Raw, and was much easier to get through.

• Paid Members

I do like how Damien Sandow has borrowed his ring gear from Rick Martel's wardrobe.

I know he hasn't been back for long, but I'm already tired of Alberto Del Rio. I think it's just the gimmick. I'd love for them to do a storyline where he loses his fortune and is forced to live under the ring. I'd kill for Alberto Del Hobo.

first time ive sat and watched smackdown it was enjoyable, I thought the big show beat down was too long and the tag match could of gone on later part from that I enjoyed it. What was more shocking than anything about that show, how good the main event was top notch work from Kane and Punk.

Archived