Raw thread - 28/5

Devon Malcolm

If I was the art designer I'd have had a side shot (lol side shot, Kooks etc) and have the whole shot be CM Punk's tattooed arm. And have the WWE logo next to his "13" tattoo. Its WWE 13 after all.

Now if they steal this wonderful idea, I'm DMing Dixie and getting on board with this Flair lawsuit. I could be on the creative team by November if this goes my way.

If your plan works, can you please push for Ken Anderson to be the one to go to Bellator and get killed by someone. I'd rather have Kid Kash on Impact every week please.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Another show that was a bit of a chore to sit through.

I've no real problem with the Big Show heel turn if it means him getting a little push as a monster again. I like Show and think he should be pushed more, but I really could have done without the super boring promo to open the show. It just seemed to drag on forever.

Del Rio vs Santino next. Santino's a champion, but is beated easily by Alberto here.

More Big Show. He batters Alex Riley backstage.

Tag Champs beat Ziggler and Swagger in a decent match, although I stuggled to pay attention. I like the team of Ziggler and Swagger, but equally wouldn't mind seeing Ziggler go alone. A split from Swagger may not mean a split from Vickie though, which is what the lad really needs.

Ooh, more Big Show backstage. Now he's being mean to Santino. Brodus steps up to Show, which is the best thing we've seen from the Funkasaurus in months and earns him a spot in the main event. Pretty obvious where they were going to go with that, they needed to feed someone semi-credible to Show for him to knock out.

It's approaching the top of the hour, so that means it's WWE Champ CM Punk time. I love how they make out like the reveal of the cover of the shitty video game is some big deal, is it fuck. The game won't even be out for months, nobody gives a fuck. Everyone performed alright in the segment, NEWM is right in saying that Punk and Big Johnny are a better fit than Johnny and Cena.

The Punk vs Bryan match was really good. As dull as Raw was, I was glad I watched just for this really. Not sure why they are bothering trying to crowbar Kane into the angle though. Strange fit.

IC Champ Christian beats Miz. Miz then gets bitched out by Orton. Jericho was due to have a pointless match with Randy at No Way Out, now it looks like Miz might do the job instead. Could not give a fuck less.

World Heavyweight Champ Sheamus beats Otunga. Entertaining squash.

Main event time! More Big Show! Predictably batters Brodus as they obviously want to make him look as much of a monster as possible before he faces Cena. At least they protected Brodus' undefeated streak, which must be nearing Goldberg territory when you count all the house show matches he's been winning.

Did you notice how nearly everybody has a fucking title belt? Every match featured a champion and yet nobody looks like a star out there. If they want to have both Raw and SmackDown stars on one show, they can't have that many titles knocking about.

With Cena off the show, the star-power rating hit all-time lows last night.

Have they lost interest in Fat Albert already?

2nd straight week of not being arsed to stay up so i watched it today - talked to my brother he said it took him 30 mins to watch it. took me 4 hours although 30 mins was watching it and the other 3 hours 30 mins was with it on pause as i tried desperately to keep myself interested in even pressing play.

just terrible again - one deent match doesn not a show make. the cena vs ace and big slow stuff is horrible. looks like dolph gets to be the job guy for randy on the next no name ppv. they just dont seem to care right now.

im sure it will pick up for MITB and then Summerslam, but right now they seem more interested in building to the 1000th Raw.

and there is the next issue - 3 hours of this shit a week? every week? so it will take people 45 mins to watch it then, or for me all fucking day, as i refuse to delete it until ive dragged myself through that shit.

other than the divas champ (who nobody cares about) every champion wrestled on raw last night. and the point in that is exactly? there is no need to put them all out there especially when the majority were non title matches.

also if the miz is still employed by december 31st, hell will be frozen over.

Have they lost interest in Fat Albert already?

In fairness, they maintained interest in him about two months longer than anyone watching. And they persisted with him as an upper-card guy for about two years before he left the first time, despite nobody ever giving a toss about anything he did other than the time he robbed V1's spot.

I'd never noticed the design on his singlet there before. Christ, the attitude era got away with some right old turd. That was his one positive attribute really, he looked weird and fit a deviant gimmick. Somehow he's parlayed that into many years of work and unwarranted high-level TV time. The fucker's letting Patterson suck him off, I bet.

Good, glad to hear it. Albert may not be the uber-worker that he'd been made out to be in his tag team with Tonko overseas, but he's still got potential - they just gave him the worst thought out gimmick since, well, Isaac Yankem. If he drops all the Japanese shit, puts a singlet on and starts slamming people he'll be a million times better.

Source = me. I like him, I always liked him ever since the Test&Albert big man tag team. I saw one of his matches with Tomko from the land of the rising sea, and thought it was good as well.

In conclusion, he's probably better of in a tag team, come to think of it.

• Paid Members
and there is the next issue - 3 hours of this shit a week? every week? so it will take people 45 mins to watch it then, or for me all fucking day, as i refuse to delete it until ive dragged myself through that shit.

You don't have to watch it and you don't have to buy every single DVD they release.

Regarding Tensai being repackaged and being better off in a tag team, considering both of their gimmicks are flopping a bit and going nowhere, they're both big hosses and both have really shit tribal tattoos all over them i'd repackage both he and Brodus and stick them together as a big destroyer unit.

The Dolph bit upsets me rather than excites me. He's simply being seperated from Swagger, but kept with Vickie as a singles to challenge and be fodder for Orton to sub for Jericho as a quick fix. That's one of the worst possible scenarios for me. Unless he puts on such a good showing more of an angle is made of it following and it becomes a slow-burn turn and split from Vickie. But it won't. He'll be really good at making Orton look really good and it will be really, really good because Orton is really good and he'll continue to be used to make people look good because he is too good at making people look good for his own good.

Regarding Tensai being repackaged and being better off in a tag team, considering both of their gimmicks are flopping a bit and going nowhere, they're both big hosses and both have really shit tribal tattoos all over them i'd repackage both he and Brodus and stick them together as a big destroyer unit.

Seems like the perfect opportunity to bring him back as the Hip Hop Hippo.

• Paid Members

I totally agree with ShortOrderCook there. Fuck the comedy off and just stick Brodus and Albert together. They both have faces only their Mam's could think kindly off. They are both massive. They look out of the ordinary. Just put them together and have them run through a bunch of people. What harm could it do? Even if it doesn't work, it'll be better than whats currently going on with them. They could be like Tomko and Bernard were. Two big bald blokes with tattoos. That's as good a start as anything. Better than dressing Albert up as a Japanese bloke.

Fuck me, I'm a right celeb here. Why not give us a follow? Or add me to your bookmarks? (If you haven't done already)

Trying to get either an insult or blocked off Punk is all I'm doing. No crime in that.

Raw was alright. Best it's been for a few weeks. The WWE 13 sounds like a good idea. I've been wanting an Attitude Era game for a while now and the rumored rosters seem alright. I must say I'm enjoying Big Shows turn at the moment. Ending of RAW was good. Hopefully Swagger can fuck off RAW and end up on NXT some time soon.

• Paid Members
Trying to get either an insult or blocked off Punk is all I'm doing. No crime in that.

He's there to entertain, he's not there to take your abuse. I don't like him, but I've never felt compelled to slag him off via twitter. Me and a mate used to slag Tatanka off when I was 15, and got his message board shut down once. It was quite pathetic, but at least I had the "I was on my dinner from school" excuse". No point in that at all. He might be a nice bloke for all I know, but sending him shit messages is just retarded. And its a waste of time. What are you actually getting out of it?

Archived