Raw thread - 28/5

Devon Malcolm

For me last nights Raw was really dire. Nothing stood out for me. Compared with TNA Impact Wrestling on Challenge TV every Sunday at 9pm it really can't compete for pure wrestling action like we saw on Open Fight Night last week.

Do you work for Challenge TV or something?

Actually, if you do, get them to put the really old Bullseye's on where the prizes were really shite rather than the newer ones where they're half decent

Also, I watched last weeks Raw in 36 minutes so I'll see if I can beat NEWM's record when I get home

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
For me last nights Raw was really dire. Nothing stood out for me. Compared with TNA Impact Wrestling on Challenge TV every Sunday at 9pm it really can't compete for pure wrestling action like we saw on Open Fight Night last week.

Do you work for Challenge TV or something?

Actually, if you do, get them to put the really old Bullseye's on where the prizes were really shite rather than the newer ones where they're half decent

Also, I watched last weeks Raw in 36 minutes so I'll see if I can beat NEWM's record when I get home

Can you ask them to put Whose Line is it Anyway back on as well, and those massive Takeshi marathons. Can't be fucked with Challenge otherwise, not now that Yesterday are showing the World at War :p

Would it be a fair assessment to say that Impact's better on a weekly basis than Raw and Smackdown at the moment?

Without a doubt. I hardly ever catch a Smackdown, but it seems evern weaker than Raw. Even when Lesnar, and previously The Rock, were on Raw, outside of their starpower segments it just dragged hugely.

I very rarely fast forward any of Impact! They seem to have loads to fit in every week, whereas Raw seems to be scratching around for how to fill the time.

I was getting into the tag titles match and thought that Ziggler and Swagger would actually win the belts with it being a pretty spur of the moment title match but I was pleased with Ziggler walking away from Vickie and Swagger, I'd like to see him go and feud with Sheamus over on Smackdown (but yet still appear on Raw all the time).

Great use of Brodus and Big Show this week too, I couldn't have given a shit about these two last month so it's a treat to see some positive development with existing members of the roster.

Punk and Bryan had another great match and AJ's involvement was brilliant. AJ is coming across as a nutcase and is actually a lot more animated now which is good to see. She's played her role to perfection and her gradual steady turn into a crazy lady has been more organic than when a wrestler turns good or bad in as little as one episode of Raw. Kane has a decent role at the moment too and is being put to good use with Punk and Bryan.

If nobody has seen the WWE 13 commercial featuring Punk, check it out. It does a better job of establishing Punk's MITB era edgy character than WWE managed to do post Chicago. Great stuff.

• Paid Members

Dolph's just replacing Chris Jericho until after the PPV. Once he does the job, he'll be back with Swagger I imagine. If they saw anything in Ziggler, he wouldn't be in the role he's been in for ages and ages. He's the bloke how makes everyone else look good in their eyes by the looks of it.

I really though Big Show did a very good job in the opening segment.As good as Show was at playing the jolly giant he was great in the opening bit.His reasons at being miffed actually made as much sense as one could expect.

Punk Vs Bryan was a good match and AJ was brilliant again at just doing the small things.

Big Johnny's line about "WWE '13 being bigger than Pac-Man" was for me a genuine laugh out loud moment for me.

I say this every week but Eve again looked seriously hot this week.

I actually had my hopes raised that Alex Riley might get to do something of note on Raw this week when I saw him talking to Eve.Riley did get to do something but not in the way i'd hoped.Still tho,it's probably some sort of progress in the road to getting Riley on Raw.

It looks like they might throw Miz into a match with Orton at No Way Out,unless it was a simple throwaway RKO.Miz really has been doing a whole lot of nothing for ages now.

I'd like to hope that Ziggler will break away from Swagger and Vickie.They can both rot on Superstars for all I care.Saying that,a Dolph split has been teased before so.Here's hoping it gets the go ahead this time.

Big Show looked impressive destroying Clay,Kingston and Truth.Despite being destoyed Clay was somewhat protected instead of being totally slaughtered.

It may lead to a Clay victory over Show following interference from Cena.

Also no Tensai this week.Have they given up on his push or simply waiting to put him in a feud with somebody suitable?Either way it saved me fast forwarding through his match this week so i'm happy.

• Paid Members

Raw wasn't bad fr what it was. Big Show is miles more entertaining as the pissed off giant who looks like he could take anyone out. Great visual with him and Brodus when they were both stood ready to charge.

Big Shows destruction throughout the night was good and the way he just chucked Kofi at Truth like he weighed nothing was fun.

The big Johnny WWE '13 cover was better than the Punk one IMO (Not that the Punk one is bad, i quite like it) and also, what is with the WWE Attitude logo on the cover? Not really seen the trailers for the new game or read anything about it.

Dolph teasing the split from Swagger made Swagger look a right tool but hopefully Vickie will stay with Swagger.

Was there even a Divas section this week? I cant recall seeing one.

Teddys ''Thats because its Iced Coffee'' line gained a gigantic tumbleweed. why is he still around? He should go back to being a ref.

No Cena?

EDIT: Forgot the Punk/Brian/AJ/Kane part. AJ was awesome this week being a cute and crazy. Kane took about 15 chair shots on Smackdown, got 1 back on Daniel Bryan then took another 8 or so off of Punk, if i was Kane I'd stay away from chairs.

I think they've missed a trick by not ending the Bryan/Punk match with some altercation between Kane & AJ. Kane wanted revenge on Bryan, A.J.'s out to suck Punk off and somehow, in the melee - Kane clobbers A.J. That would allow Bryan and Punk to have legitimate anger at Kane, and could give another side to Bryan's character, in that he actually does care about A.J. Then, that would allow Punk & Bryan to continue feuding as they're fighting for her. They could even use it to put the belt on Bryan.

Either way, I hope No Way Out match is Kane vs. Punk vs. Bryan. There's something about the dynamic of the 3 of them that I think would be awesome. It'd only work in the WWE, but I think it'd be a really fun match.

I loved Brodus standing up to Big Show. He actually looked liked a threat. I'm not entirely sure they needed to kill him in the main-event, but I suppose they booked themselves in a corner following the opening promo and needed to do it. Also, it made Truth & Kingston look like arseholes for attacking their mate without even trying to talk him out of him. Big Show's totally in the right about everything here.

Archived