Raw thread - 28/5

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I recorded it again. The last 6 Raws have ended up being deleted after I've not had the will to get around to them. I put up with some of the tedious pre-Mania shows because of how stacked mania was. However, after coming off a red-hot WrestleMania and having Brock Lesnar return still wasn't enough to balance out the amount of tedium on the show, I had to give up again. last weeks raw thread only hit 5 or 6 pages because Loki started that discussion about star-power. It really feels like a low-ebb for WWE at the moment.

I'm desperate for them to inspire me. It's not about quality of matches, the guys are well versed and perform well. It's the lack of drama outside bell to bell that just doesn't appeal at the moment.

I haven't watched it yet. Somebody round here must have done, though. I know Twinn has at least.

Yeah, internet truthdealer Doug Twinn has been laying the serious smack down to CM Punk.

@DougTwinn

Pretty hungover.

@DougTwinn

@CMPunk John Cena Version 2.9

@DougTwinn

@CMPunk Mr 2.9

He's like the Scott Keith of the modern age. I expect Punk feels much chagrin.

I managed all of Raw in 28 minutes this morning, we're at that x30 time of year. Can anybody beat that??

Of the bits I pressed play to:

- Though I don't like Punk much, for some reason I easily believe the tension with him and Big Johnny compared to Lauranitis with anybody else. Maybe its because they never actually paid that feud off before. Anyhow, I like it and I hope they always retain a good sense of aggro between them. When Punk finally loses the belt (which to be honest, shouldn't be for a while), I hope it's because of Ace. That should relight it nicely.

- I quite like Big Show doing his big angry cunt gimmick again. I was overtired with the chuckling fat fuck routine, so this will do for a bit. I thought Brodus was getting put out to pasture tonight, if anything, that shitkicking actually showed some faith in him, if you know what I mean.

- Poor, poor Miz. Will he get slotted in to Jericho's spot to fight (and lose, comprehensively) against Orton on Randy's neverending run of feuding with people for no reason?

- Most noteworthy this week has to be Dolph trying to pull himself away from Swagger and Vickie doesn't it? We'll see if it goes anywhere.

• Paid Members
Yeah, internet truthdealer Doug Twinn has been laying the serious smack down to CM Punk.

@DougTwinn

Pretty hungover.

@DougTwinn

@CMPunk John Cena Version 2.9

@DougTwinn

@CMPunk Mr 2.9

What an absolute fucking idiot.

I managed all of Raw in 28 minutes this morning, we're at that x30 time of year. Can anybody beat that??

Of the bits I pressed play to:

- Though I don't like Punk much, for some reason I easily believe the tension with him and Big Johnny compared to Lauranitis with anybody else. Maybe its because they never actually paid that feud off before. Anyhow, I like it and I hope they always retain a good sense of aggro between them. When Punk finally loses the belt (which to be honest, shouldn't be for a while), I hope it's because of Ace. That should relight it nicely.

- I quite like Big Show doing his big angry cunt gimmick again. I was overtired with the chuckling fat fuck routine, so this will do for a bit. I thought Brodus was getting put out to pasture tonight, if anything, that shitkicking actually showed some faith in him, if you know what I mean.

- Poor, poor Miz. Will he get slotted in to Jericho's spot to fight (and lose, comprehensively) against Orton on Randy's neverending run of feuding with people for no reason?

- Most noteworthy this week has to be Dolph trying to pull himself away from Swagger and Vickie doesn't it? We'll see if it goes anywhere.

Must say sounds very similar to me, Very much getting tired of WWE with the same old stuff. Think i'm gonna start giving it a miss from now on.

Raw is so crap at the moment. In fact the WWE is pretty awful right now. Its only my 19 years of watching that is keeping me tuning in.

This storyline with Cena and Laurinaitus is terrible. Cena loses what he said was the biggest match of his life against the Rock then spends a segment being a divvy and shouting loser at Johnny. Terrible writing and consistancy.

Raw is so crap at the moment. In fact the WWE is pretty awful right now. Its only my 19 years of watching that is keeping me tuning in.

This storyline with Cena and Laurinaitus is terrible. Cena loses what he said was the biggest match of his life against the Rock then spends a segment being a divvy and shouting loser at Johnny. Terrible writing and consistancy.

What an odd post. Did you mean to post this in the Raw thread from two weeks ago or something? That's without even mentioning that Cena rebounded from his biggest loss by beating Brock Lesnar.

Shit, sorry if I spoiled that for you.

UGH. That as woeful. Big Show can get off my TV screen now. How many segments was he in on Raw? He was all over it, the opening promo was soo long and boring.

The only thing of interest was Dolph Ziggler and the Punk vs Bryan match which was really good.

For me last nights Raw was really dire. Nothing stood out for me. Compared with TNA Impact Wrestling on Challenge TV every Sunday at 9pm it really can't compete for pure wrestling action like we saw on Open Fight Night last week.

What an odd post. Did you mean to post this in the Raw thread from two weeks ago or something? That's without even mentioning that Cena rebounded from his biggest loss by beating Brock Lesnar.

Why so odd? Been on holiday so only just caught up with the last few weeks including Over The Limit.

Why so odd? Been on holiday so only just caught up with the last few weeks including Over The Limit.

Oh, so you were commenting on Raw from two weeks ago then. That at least makes more sense now.

Would it be a fair assessment to say that Impact's better on a weekly basis than Raw and Smackdown at the moment?

For me, yes. I stopped following TNA after watching it without fail between 2005 and 2006 up until around a month ago. Though there's still a long way for them to go just yet, I do think Impact has been terrific over the past few weeks. I will always be a Raw-boy first and foremost, but it would be hard to argue that Impact isn't the best show right now.

Archived