Opening segment from Impact

IANdrewDiceClay

Jeff Hardy looked like a massive spaz sitting there in his face-paint and emo-girl outfit though. Bubba was great.

Jeff was starting to annoy me not saying anything until bully ray completely mugged him off about it!

In fairness to Hardy, his line about Kurt's son loving him was pretty good.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was slightly creepy I thought. Jeff is such a weirdo, they should embrace it even as a face. His fans appreciate the weirdness, and the rest of us can feel free to think he's a strange twat.

When you put it in context it's not as creepy, the context being that Kurt Angle hates it that his son's favourite wrestler is Jeff Hardy so essentially Hardy was taking a shot at Kurt with that comment. If you recall, little Kody Angle loving Jeff Hardy was one of the main reasons why Kurt picked up a feud with Hardy earlier this year.

When you put it in context it's not as creepy, the context being that Kurt Angle hates it that his son's favourite wrestler is Jeff Hardy so essentially Hardy was taking a shot at Kurt with that comment. If you recall, little Kody Angle loving Jeff Hardy was one of the main reasons why Kurt picked up a feud with Hardy earlier this year.

Oh yeah, in context it's fine, but if you didn't remember that small detail from a few weeks back it sounds very strange...

Kurt: Oh yeah, let's give Jeff Hardy the shot because everyone loves Jeff Hardy!

Jeff: Your son loves me.

That was slightly creepy I thought. Jeff is such a weirdo, they should embrace it even as a face. His fans appreciate the weirdness, and the rest of us can feel free to think he's a strange twat.

WWE did that quite well. I remember that period just before he won the title for the first time where he was smacking Undertaker with a chair and being a bit of a prick to everyone.

I really liked this Ian, thanks for sharing as I gave up on TNA ages ago and cant be bothered with WWE any more either. I nearly switched it off with the AJ nobbing Dixie bullshit which is the kind of stuff that I cant be bothered with any more. Really different and unique presentation and concept there but it may need to be done bit by bit rather then becoming overkill very quickly.

I loved it. I love the open fight night concept. Can't wait for the next one.

• Paid Members

You would. Tripping over yourself to buy tickets to sell on at a profit an' all.

As hilarious as 420 doing amateur ticket scalping is, that makes no sense.

• Paid Members

You would. Tripping over yourself to buy tickets to sell on at a profit an' all.

As hilarious as 420 doing amateur ticket scalping is, that makes no sense.

TripleA, meet Khemical.

For what it was, it was very well done. However, theres a massive problem from a wider audience POV when youre openly 'shooting' by displaying the script for the show and talking about whats 'supposed to happen' and heading down that route, but at the same time attempting to sell an Open Fight Night where all challenges must be answered. You're just feeding yourself your own shit by doing that.

However, the interaction and dialogue between the five was excellent, i dont watch TNA but if they went down this route of just having wrestling and then reality based segments to build matches and stories then I believe it could work big time.

For what it was, it was very well done. However, theres a massive problem from a wider audience POV when youre openly 'shooting' by displaying the script for the show and talking about whats 'supposed to happen' and heading down that route, but at the same time attempting to sell an Open Fight Night where all challenges must be answered. You're just feeding yourself your own shit by doing that.

It's a shame too, because there's no problem with Hogan showing the rest of them the plan for the night, and if they'd left it at that it would've been fine. But then Hogan starts reading his own stage directions off it.

One of very few aberrations in an otherwise excellent segment I thought. Bully Ray is awesome.

Archived