WWE's Top 25 Masters Of The Mic

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joey Styles and co are really fucking liking lists arnt they.

If I stick my marketing hat on, it makes sense.

I'd assume some advertising on the WWE website is CPM (cost per 1000 views). If you can drive it up with people viewing 25 pages at a time it makes complete sense.

Plus it starts threads on forums debating it :)

Roddy Piper is perfectly placed. Anyone who doesn't agree should go back and watch Roddy Piper! He's a bit of a nutter now but he was great back in the day. I love Steve Austin but I'd of given top spot to either Ric Flair or The Rock. I've never seen anyone tear strips off an opponent like The Rock and Ric Flair was just God. And still is!

Agree that Mick Foley should have come in higher. I used to think his promos were works of fucking art when he was full time!

Hilariously wrong.

I don't think so. Rock, Austin, Bobby Heenan, Kurt Angle, Vince McMahon, Edge, and even Paul Heyman to name a few are all far superior on the mic to Piper. Come to think of it, where is Brian Pillman? From what I have seen of him, he belongs somewhere at least in the top 15.

Hilariously wrong.

I don't think so. Rock, Austin, Bobby Heenan, Kurt Angle, Vince McMahon, Edge, and even Paul Heyman to name a few are all far superior on the mic to Piper. Come to think of it, where is Brian Pillman? From what I have seen of him, he belongs somewhere at least in the top 15.

Have you ever actually seen a Piper promo?

• Paid Members
Edge is a better promo than Piper? No fucking way, never mind "Far Superior".

Exactly as I was going to say. Never in a million years are Kurt Angle or Edge a better promo than Piper. Pipers work on the stick is massively responsible for WrestleMania I damn it.

If anyone doesn't deserve to be so high it's Chris Jericho. And Foley, as much of a shambles as he has been over the last few years definitely deserves to be a lot higher. Absolutely top 5 worthy.

If the list isliterally masters of the mic then Mean Gene should be very high on the list for orchestrating many of the interviews in the 80s. I dont know if the list states promo guys or what, just going off what I read in this thread. Heenan 9th is a bit low. Piper seems to be well placed for me, more than I thought they would lace him but not more than he deserves. I've always said he sold out WrestleMania, everyone was there to see him lose more than to see Hogan win in my opinion.

Archived