WWE's Top 25 Masters Of The Mic

TildeGuy~!

Here is the full list of WWE's "top 25 masters of the mic" as listed on WWE.com:

1. STEVE AUSTIN

2. ROWDY RODDY PIPER

3. ROCK

4. RIC FLAIR

5. CHRIS JERICHO

6. JAKE THE SNAKE ROBERTS

7. JOHN CENA

8. DUSTY RHODES

9. BOBBY HEENAN

10. JBL

11. RANDY SAVAGE

12. CM PUNK

13. HULK HOGAN

14. MICK FOLEY

15. SUPERSTAR BILLY GRAHAM

16. MR. MCMAHON

17. EDGE

18. PAUL HEYMAN

19. TRIPLEH

20. JESSE VENTURA

21. THE MIZ

22. TED DIBIASE

23. SANTINO

24. RICK RUDE

25. LOU ALBANO

What do we think of that then?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The worst list I've ever read. In any form of entertainment or sport. Nobody can agree with that. Fucking ridiculous. Christ, Vince McMahon should be top five. There's a lot of agenda ridden stuff there, but the glaring one is Mick Foley. Say what you want about him, he was blinding in his day. And the fact he's so low on the list AND he's actually employed by them makes you think someone in that promotion doesn't like him that much. CM Punk ahead of Hulk Hogan is hilarious, though. Its like comparing Joey Styles to Lance Russell.

Also, I think Lou Albano and Rick Rude just came back to life, only to die of a heart attack having fucking Santino ahead of them.

Here is the full list of WWE's "top 25 masters of the mic" as listed on WWE.com:

What do we think of that then?

Not a lot.

Triple H and Mr Mcmahon are way low for a start.

Far too much to pick at with placings tbh

And where's Lawler?...HBK?.....

Road Dogg even?....

• Paid Members

Piper was one of the sharpest tongues and most vocal onscreen performers during their big boom period in 1985-86. In his prime, he was probably better than Austin, Rock or any of the catchphrase spouting lot from the late 90s. The Piper's Pit's been ripped off more times than anything else over the last 25 years.

• Paid Members

I just realised when I noticed Vince on the list that, aside from Linda, the McMahons are pretty fantastic on the mic. Steph and Shane are superb, too, aren't they?

Absolutely nothing wrong with Piper's placement there, one of the greatest of all time on the mic. CM Punk ahead of Hogan is a laugh though, utterly ridiculous. As much as I like Austin, I'd rather listen to promos from a lot of other guys on that list to be honest.

• Paid Members
I just realised when I noticed Vince on the list that, aside from Linda, the McMahons are pretty fantastic on the mic. Steph and Shane are superb, too, aren't they?

Yeah, they are. Steph didn't take to it as natural as her old man or brother at first but when she eventually clicked- she did. Can't be many better women- if any- better than her on the stick, can there?

• Paid Members

Cena in the top ten? Get to fuck. I think he's great, but his promo work is very hit and miss. Mostly miss, come to think of it.

As ever, current stars rank higher than they should in these sort of lists. It's to be expected. If they knocked out a list like this without a bunch of the current roster in there it would be like admitting that there aren't any big stars around anymore.

The Rock being above Cena suggests this list was compiled sometime in 2010. Jericho being above Cena suggests this list is stupid. Still, everyone on the list was great in their heyday and for their target audience, and it's all subjective.

Everyone I say this to pooh-poohs it, but I think DiBiase is overrated on the mic.

Great gimmick, good charisma, good ring work too... but yeah.

Dunno about that, but it is harder to judge midcarders from that period because their characters were more one dimensional, and they rarely had the opportunity to say much of note for any length of time. Short pre and post PPV matches promos, and those little 20 second comments with their logo behind them during squash matches accounted for the bulk of their mic work.

Archived