Marijuana - Should It Be Legal?

David

• Paid Members

I didn't say it shouldn't be legalised because I find stoners boring, I do find some boring but I don't really care if it's legal or not because I don't smoke it anyway, makes no odds to me. And Butch didn't say that either, he said he only wants drugs he likes made legal. Steve Big Jobs never said it either.

So who are these muppets and retards you speak of? Or is it paranoia?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Well the first two posters, read the fucking thread dude.

Edit, oh and sickboy, for saying it the first time round.

I did read it but I've got amnesia and forgot the first two posts by the time I got to the third.

• Paid Members

Yes. Purely for my convenience. All you can really get round here these days is the stupidly strong stuff that spangles you after a few tokes and fucks your brain up. I like a nice bit solid now and again, but it's hard to get hold of right now.

So, yeah. I like the thought of being able to walk into a shop/chemist to get a bit pollen whenever I want, rather than only being able to get some when the fabled "Eggman" comes back from holiday a couple of times a year.

If I had a reliable supply I wouldn't give a fuck about it being legal or not, though.

• Paid Members
the massive profits can be taxed instead of funneled into various levels of organised crime. (And independant growers, which to be fair there are lots of)

Plus we save money sending growers and dealers to prison.

And all that tax money from the sales and money saved from not prosecuting dealers would be wasted by the extra expense to the NHS.

Legal weed = more visability/availability/social acceptance = more users. More users mean an increase to the number of smokers that later require treatment for psychological disorders. Yes, there are some smokers that dont suffer lasting mental damage, but it's frequently cited as a contributing factor in a large number of cases. On top of that, you have the fact that unfiltered joints or smoking through bongs or pipes can lead to all the usual smoking-related illnesses like emphysema and lung cancer, so they'd go up. Then you have that number of weak-willed users for whom weed ends up not being enough, and later turn to other drugs, and the medical issues therein. They'd all go up. And people would be smoking it around children.

Incidentally I speak as someone who smoked weed heavily for about two years during my degree, then for a further year between finishing my Masters and moving to Manchester. It has affected my own mental stability in terms of paranoia and so on, also lead me to experiment with other drugs (but never becoming a regular user of any) and also gave me chance to see some of my friends move from "almost exclusively weed, sometimes coke" to "almost always coke, occasionally pills" and by the time they were taking pills every weekend, they weren't the same people I made friends with to begin with. I had a lot of fun when I was smoking it but enormously wish I never had.

I never had any wish for it to be decriminalised when I was smoking it, and I dont now. Even when I liked a smoke, it always used to nauseate me smelling it on other people in a public place and it still does - bus stops, shopping centers and so on - it just sickens me. I just think it should be kept indoors. If we were to legalize it, the fucking yoof would be smoking it everywhere, and our towns would stink even worse than they do now, which in some cases is pretty foul already.

I hope this comment has read as it was intended - without judgement of those that choose to smoke, just as a personal perception and opinion. I wouldnt have described myself as a waster or a tosser while I was smoking, so I dont tar anyone else with that brush now. But I firmly believe that it should stay illegal. Not because all stoners/dealers should be jailed, just as a further deterrant for those that otherwise might get sucked in and suffer were it more readily available, and so it stays relatively out of sight. At least with it being illegal, you really have to be in the right place at the right time to be offered or make the effort and legimately choose to start smoking it.

Oh you, always with the abuse.

It's kinda cute x

Again, you've missed the point. There was no abuse, just a suggestion. You twat.

This could become a rather tiresome thread if I have to explain that the suggestion I should be banned is kinda confrontational, a bit abusive really. I mean we could do that in here, but it gets dull, could we not accept that you think I'm a twat and I think you're a fucking moron, then move on?

Won't quote the lot as was getting quite hefty.

I understand the point you're making there, but I think you've done a disservice to my original post by not quoting all of it.

The increase in paranoia and psychosis associated with cannabis is a direct result of an entirely deregulated market, in the same way you can't legally put methylated spirts in vodka, knocking out weed with loads of thc and no cannabanoids shouldn't be allowed. And it's this new strain (with the anti-pscyhosis element breed out) that causes more mental issues.

In addition to which, the reason you and your friends moved on from weed to pills and coke is that you were - by necessity of picking up weed - exposed to criminals with connections to those things. While it would still work as a gateway drug to a degree (as alcohol does now) the affect will be reduced if you're buying it from a legitimate and legal business rather than a drug dealer.

Even if all this was put aside, we make massively more in tax's from alcohol (which, I think we can all agree, can cause as much if not more mental issues, with more pronounced physical problems and a higher propensity for violence) than the nhs spends putting drunk morons back together. We make massively more from tobacco revenue than the nhs spends on treating those suffering from smoking related illness's. (Tobacco and alcohol revenue brings in around 35 billion a year, the nhs costs around 100 billion in total to run).

• Paid Members
Who's your favourite wrestler to watch when stoned? Pat Roach? Stoned Cold Steve Austin? King Bong Bundy?

CannAbyss :/

Davey Boy Spliff.

• Paid Members

Well screw it, if we can produce anti-paranoia weed, why stop there? Let's campaign for different flavours to accompany one's enjoyment of a nice mellow high.

First batch to choose from :

Strawberry

Banana

Peanut Butter

Marmite

Cheese and Onion

Archived