wrestlemania 30

brett

* "The Informer" character also teases an Olympics tie-in to the WrestleMania 30 location with the following:

"WM29 is locked in for N.J./N.Y., but plans are underway for the 30th Show of Shows. The location? Let's just say it's a city of 'Olympic' proportions.

Ideas?

I think it will be Montreal Olympic Stadium

Could be Atlanta.

Atlanta was only wrestlemania 27 though?

• Paid Members

Is this the same Informer that in the magazines used to tell us that Butch Reed was going to be the next member of the Nation of Domination?

• Paid Members
Perhaps they'll give the LA Coliseum another go.

I think that's the most obvious conclusion that can be drawn from the quote. Still, I assume that the 'informers' quote means nothing and that it will be heading to Houston

• Paid Members

Yes, but firstly it seems highly unlikely that they would run the Garden the year after 29 being so nearby. Secondly in the current economic climate they would surely not bother running a venue as small as MSG when they do 70,000 for Mania in these huge stadia every year. It would be like throwing thousands of dollars away.

I'm going to go all Sting's chin here and say that SURELY, at this exact point in time, there can only be one city they're referring to?

I still think it'll be MSG. Hell. I even remember the dirtsheet reports from MSG staff last year saying that the WWE had booked two days in April 2014 already. I say the reason they're doing 29 in NJ is to compensate for the depleted capacity nezt year and to appease the angry Little Guido clones who would never get a sniff at Mania tickets if they didn't do a bigger one as well.

I would weep an ocean of tears in joy if it was London, though.

Archived