Smackdown Spoilers

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Eve Torres comes out and brags how John Laurinaitis is still in charge. She said that Laurinaitis won't be there tonight, and she's in charge. She said that Sheamus will apologize and she will name his opponent for WWE No Way Out. Alberto Del Rio comes out and says that he wants to be Sheamus' opponent and complains about his other title matches. Randy Orton comes out and says he wants the shot, and then Kane comes out. Kane says he wants a title shot and noted that tonight's episode was #666. Eve makes a three-way match for tonight, with the winner getting the title shot at WWE No Way Out.

WWE Intercontinental champion Christian defeated Hunico with the killswitch. Cody Rhodes came out and said that Christian has ruined the Intercontinental title, and that he'd win it back.

Titus O'Neil and Darren Young defeated The Usos.

A vignette aired saying that Sin Cara will return next Friday.

Ryback squashed two jobbers. Ryback hit his finisher on both wrestlers at the same time to get the win.

Santino Marella defeated Ricardo Rodriguez with the cobra.

Sheamus came out and said that it was an accident (bumping into Laurinaitis on RAW), and he shouldn't have to apologize. He then apologizes for Laurinaitis being an ass and makes fun of The Big Show for kissing Laurinaitis' ass. Vickie Guerrero came out, it was hard to hear what she said with all the booing. She then introduced Jack Swagger. Sheamus vs. Swagger is next.

Sheamus defeated Jack Swagger with the Brogue kick.

Damien Sandow defeated Yoshi Tatsu in a quick match.

The Big Show comes out and sits in a chair in the ring. He said that he loves what he does and says that he needs to support his family, and that he felt betrayed by everyone. "You sold out" chants start. Show said that he has no friends, so he made a deal to get his job back and they devised the plan at Over The Limit. He said that the fans never cared about him and he doesn't care about them.

Kane comes out for his match. Daniel Bryan beats the crap out of him with a chair. Kane is on the ground and referees have to take him off of Kane. Bryan left as the crowd chanted "Yes!"

Another Sin Cara vignette aired.

Kane is back on his feet and the triple threat match is next.

Alberto Del Rio defeated Randy Orton and Kane to get a World Heavyweight Championship match at No Way Out. Bryan came out and distracted Kane, which allowed Orton to hit the RKO on Kane. Del Rio broke up the pin and threw Orton out of the ring and covered Kane for the win. After the match, Sheamus came out and nailed Del Rio with a Brogue kick.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Smackdown starts with Eve Torres coming out on behalf of John Laurinaitis. Alberto Del Rio comes out asking to face Sheamus for the World title at No Way Out. Randy Orton, then Kane came out as well pleading their case and demanding a shot at the title. There will be a Triple Threat match later with the winner getting the PPV title shot.

*WWE Intercontinental champion Christian defeated Hunico.

*Titus O'Neal and Darren Young defeated The Usos.

*Cody Rhodes promo on getting the IC title back.

*Ryback, sporting a black eye, defeats two wrestlers.

*They air a promo announcing Sin Cara will return next week.

*WWE United States champion Santino Marella defeated Ricardo Rodriguez.

*World champion Sheamus came out and acted as if he was going to apologize for running through John Laurinaitis on Raw but of course, in the end, he didn't.

*World champ Sheamus defeated Jack Swagger in a good match with the Brogue Kick.

*Damien Sandow defeated Yoshi Tatsu with the neckbreaker.

The Big Show came out in a tie. He got YOU SOLD OUT chants. He explained that he backed Big Johnny for a big bonus and to get his job back. The crowd chanted for John Cena.

The main event was a Triple Threat Match. Daniel Bryan ran in and distracted Kane. Alberto Del Rio got the win and will face Sheamus at the PPV.

Ugh. I wasn't that interested in seeing the Punk/Bryan feud continue past Sunday anyway, but giving Kane an excuse to get further involved in the feud with that ending is a surefire way of making me care even less.

On paper, No Way Out looks like it's going to be terrible.

Sounds like a pretty decent show to me, we are back to Ryback squashing locals and Titus & Young getting the win again which is a big thumbs up from me. I don't like the sounds of a Bryan/Kane feud though really, I wanted the rematch with CM Punk.

Sounds a better show than that fucking awful episode last week, but I'm also struggling to care about D-Bryan's in ring feuds compared to the backdrop stuff with AJ. They were just starting embed AJ into the Punk one well, so I was fine for that to keep going. We'll see if he's just doing a "Kane on Smackdown, Punk on Raw" sort of thing they do now that there's no brand separation.

ChocCock back at the pay window, that's good. NXT's four biggest diamonds (with Hawkins and Reks) are making tremendous strides at the moment, good for them.

I hope they come up with a good reason for Ryback's black eye. You could do a bit of comedy where they said some turd gave him a cheap shot, and do a "you should see the other guy" reveal of the bloke covered head to toe in bandages, in a wheelchair, etc. Then he kicks over the wheelchair with the guy in it like he did the bike at Over the Limit.

• Paid Members
I hope they come up with a good reason for Ryback's black eye. You could do a bit of comedy where they said some turd gave him a cheap shot, and do a "you should see the other guy" reveal of the bloke covered head to toe in bandages, in a wheelchair, etc. Then he kicks over the wheelchair with the guy in it like he did the bike at Over the Limit.

NEWM just booked Ryback better in one paragraph than WWE have done in 6 weeks. Awesome.

I'm oddly intrigued by Kane vs. Bryan, so hopefully by inserting Kane into the Punk/Bryan program along with AJ, it can give it enough longevity, that they could have an amazing feud-ender at Summerslam. Bryan vs. Punk is the best midcard feud they've got right now. And if they looked at more of their midcard as "main-event" guys, despite never main-eventing a pay-per-view, the WWE could be in much better shape as they start to get over.

No Antonio Cesaro again, this week by the looks of things. Maybe they're waiting for Sin Cara to return, as Cesaro could be an amazing base for him.

Isn't Kane a heel?

I hope they go back to the status quo of not really knowing. Have him try to kill Undertaker one week and then dancing with Santino the next. Its part of his charm and mystique.

as are the resulting dead crowds.

WWE are really on auto pilot just now, its terrible. Jim Ross once used our Davey Boy Smith as an example of a star who has been repackaged and represented so many times, no longer being credible. Well Kane has that title now. He's finished and yet being pushed.

They also seem hell bent on doing this Shemus V Del Rio match for some reason. Urrgghh I cant think of a worse championship match. No way out might be a ppv worth missing. 2 months after the biggest mania ever and one of my favourite ppv's ever in extreme rules. Peaks and troughs indeed.

• Paid Members

Sheamus v Del Rio will be a perfectly decent match. Quality of matches isn't WWE's problem right now, though. It's making people care about them and the people in them that they're failing at.

• Paid Members

Why do people like Ryback? I liked him at first, but now the "I'll try and pretend he's Goldberg" novelty has worn completely. Now he's just a bald bloke of steroids wasting times squashing people. Whats his appeal at the minute? He's done the same thing for so long, he's in dire need of something different to do. But what can you do with him, when he's not actually over.

Why do people like Ryback? I liked him at first, but now the "I'll try and pretend he's Goldberg" novelty has worn completely. Now he's just a bald bloke of steroids wasting times squashing people. Whats his appeal at the minute? He's done the same thing for so long, he's in dire need of something different to do. But what can you do with him, when he's not actually over.

Logically within the next month have him go over a major star but then is that even enough? Tensai got the win over Cena last month and that's done nothing to increase star power or boost crowd reaction to his bouts.

I reckon it's something to do with the fact that we all know what they're doing as they're doing it, and as a result, it only gives us about four weeks before we get bored. I'll try and explain that a bit better.

I'm not suggesting Goldberg was the first unbeaten monster push ever, but it wrong-footed particularly newer fans just enough to have that "I'm just keeping one eye on that guy" fandom, and before long enough he's won 50-odd matches and you're like, "christ, I don't want him to lose here", which then becomes the character.

Nowadays, by week ONE, we're (us, the fans) are already making him the focus of the Smackdown thread on here and talking about his Goldberg run they're going to do. They're actually booking him well in a traditional sense, he's getting five minutes here and there and then not being spoke about again for the rest of the show. Same worked for Big Bill, as it did Brock early doors in 2002, and even types like Bundy and Earthquake. But with those, there was always a new fan ready to swallow all this for the first time, and enough of those to get the fear a bit and start imagining how long he will go on this rampage. We're just all too knowing for them to have long jobber runs now, he's got to be fed LOTS of mid-card guys instead, especially heels if they want him as a face. His success now has to come in the form of how much the fans dislike the guy he's crushing, rather than seeing him just be dead hard. Brock's first run as a heel worked the same - the biggest impact wasn't when he was chucking Al Snow around, but when he was paired (and mainly ploughing through) with the Hardyz, RVD, Undertaker and Hogan, suddenly you're taking serious fucking notice.

Goldberg was the last kind of this sort of monster push that could ever conceivably make a seriously big star. And I don't even care how mongy his arms and stomps looks. I'd imagine the Wrestling Observer readers of the 80s thought the Warrior looked a right fucking goof with his stuff, but fuck that when the Garden is exploding for him putting Honky in his place. In fact, they could steal that entire story wholesale with Ryback - for him to beat a long serving heel IC champion like he was nothing and just keep moving on would be great.

There's a lot of storylines where we're all hip to the room by week 2 or 3, and I reckon it makes it much harder to connect with it all as a result. Remember when Eddie died before he could finally turn on Batista? I remember that being a great example of still being a bit caught out - we thought we had the sneaky heel turn all figured out and it just kept not happening. That made you care about what would normally be a pretty cookie-cutter angle. They're doing the same at the moment (with mixed success) with AJ. We've all been sure a million times how it all pans out, but they're trying to hold their fire a bit, which in turn keeps you on the hook a bit. We've passed that point with Ryback, so it's time for three quarters of the baddies across both shows to start taking muscle busters sharpish.

Bit long and dull there, sorry about that.

Sheamus v Del Rio will be a perfectly decent match. Quality of matches isn't WWE's problem right now, though. It's making people care about them and the people in them that they're failing at.

Exactly. WWE have been on fire in regards to in ring action. They have been for years. I started watching wrestling again around about 2007 after a three year hiatus, I honestly think I'm heading for another one. Raw just bores me. Everything is the same. Everyone is the same. Just tedious. Over The Limit was free and I still had absolutely no interest in it.

Archived