The Why Don't You Get a Job Thread

kendal mint cake

Applied for about 20 colleges. Not one interview. I've got an HND already. Thought I'd try something different. I was willing to pay for the course. Not one interview. Do these fucking places run an agist policy or something? I'm 37. Thought it was a bit out of order. Even the college that I got the HND in didn't even give me an interview. I was applying for these courses in March \ April too.

University admissions person here!

When did you take your HND? Are the courses you're applying to related to it in any way? What sort of course are you applying for?

Started a new job today. Woke up and my car had a flat battery, so I was late. First thing I did when I arrived was go to the bog and have a gargantuan shit, then went to reception and introduced myself. Good start I'd say.

At least on your first day you've a legitimate reason to shake everyone's hand. Preferably after washing yours.

Edit: The woman in Tommy's sig looks like she's discovered the hand drier's on the blink and there are no paper towels.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members

So, the work load in my second year of uni is far greater than it was in my first year. I suppose that should have been obvious. I pissed the first year, averaging a 1st doing all my (essay based) assignments in a couple of hours on the day they're due. Second year is different. Now I'm being told to, like, go out and, like, journalist. Which is pretty difficult working a full time job in sales. So, I've decided to be super mediocre at my sales job until my boss sacks me. And I have furthermore decided that I will never again do a job I don't love after this one. 

At least until I graduate and stop getting these sweet student finance payments, I guess.

So, after a couple of weeks of temping, the team leader pulled me aside for a chat. Having been in charge of a team which relied on temps, I know what a chat on a Friday means.

Was all about to thank him for the chance and tell him how much I enjoyed working again when I was offered a permanent role. Delighted! (Apologies to social media chums who may have read this for the third time.)

Cheers guy(s). I'm going to keep my full time employment record up by ensuring I have a wank in the bogs out of spite in every place I've worked.

It's a very woman top heavy office, however I'd only shag a couple in there after a few pints. Expect a Waterboy "Week's later, I penetrated her" scenario.