The Why Don't You Get a Job Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've accepted a new job as Education Programme Manager for a very well regarded charitable foundation. Basically get to design, run and promote ways to make the UK education system fairer, especially

Waaahey! After applying for 60+ jobs since my redundancy at the end of last year, I got a phone call today offering me the job I video interviewed for only yesterday. I'll be working days (in my old p

It’s been a bit of an emotional day for me... but in a good way. Just over three years ago I was made redundant. It was extremely upsetting because I’d only been in the job a couple of months hav

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Already said on Twitter but well done mate! Best of luck with it.

I just had the following rant on Facebook:

Just had a meeting at a recruitment company where the woman was THE biggest patronising bitch I've ever met! She started by asking general questions about my experience and goals and then, bearing in mind this was NOT a job interview, she sighed, put her hands in her lap and said "Can I give you some advice?" She then proceeds to rip my CV to shreds, said it wasn't detailed enough and it needed more padding out with this, that and the other. My cover letter's too long and all that info should be in my CV and not to worry about keeping it to 1-2 pages. But she also kept repeating that employers only spend 7 seconds looking at applications so I need to make it stand out... by adding more info and increasing the number of pages?!

I gritted my teeth and said thank you for the feedback but what I really wanted to do was stand up, tell her to shove her advice up her flabby arse and flounce out of the room like a girl who already lined up TWO interviews (tbc) with a different recruitment company using the SAME CV AND COVER LETTER just 3 hours earlier.

In. Your. Face.

• Paid Members

One of those temp jobs came good. Start on Monday! Thanks for advice, chaps. No doubt I'll be back here next week when they realise I'm a shitarse

Well done, sir! The most important question though - is it near a Pound Bakery?

One of those temp jobs came good. Start on Monday! Thanks for advice, chaps. No doubt I'll be back here next week when they realise I'm a shitarse

Well done, sir! The most important question though - is it near a Pound Bakery?

It's in Trafford Park, so there will be a greasy burger van nearby.
  • Paid Members

Wheat's the going rate for a mopboy in a wank booth these days Houchen?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/housekeeping-cleaning-jobs/gay-friendly-cleaners-for-spa-%C2%A37.20-h/1072439066

There's your answer GB. This job has gone unfilled for months and it keeps coming up.

I haven't got that desperate, yet.

• neil locked this topic