The Why Don't You Get a Job Thread

kendal mint cake

• Paid Members

Wheat's the going rate for a mopboy in a wank booth these days Houchen?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/housekeeping-cleaning-jobs/gay-friendly-cleaners-for-spa-%C2%A37.20-h/1072439066

There's your answer GB. This job has gone unfilled for months and it keeps coming up.

I haven't got that desperate, yet.

• Paid Members

£7.20 a fucking hour? Jesus.

All right Mr offered two jobs, some of us aren't as lucky as you!

That job was actually £6.70 an hour until recently as well

His does live in a incredibly affluent area. 7.20 wouldnt even cover an espresso

• Paid Members

It wasn't necessarily what she said - some was good advice - but it was the fact she was so patronising like it was a Job Club and I was a long-time unemployed goon. She just pissed me off big time.

DMd by the way.

Edited by Monkee

It wasn't necessarily what she said - some was good advice - but it was the fact she was so patronising like it was a Job Club and I was a long-time unemployed goon. She just pissed me off big time.

DMd by the way.

Ha, she was probably pissed that she had a shit May ;)

• Paid Members

Nothing more than a moan here, but I fucking hate the EU Referendum.

I work in planning and running elections for a Council and every moron known to man has come crawling out of the woodwork for the 23rd of June. We're massively short staffed due to a team member being seriously ill and another having left and most of the rest of the team are the archetypal local gov. lifers who have been here since 1985 and have progressed almost nowhere because they are gibbering idiots.

Every day is a 12 hour day. Every weekend is a work day.  Every day is spent wading through emails from people moaning about things such as 'the fact we are being biased against the leave campaign by encouraging young people to register to vote'.

Bring back dictatorships I say. This democracy lark obviously isn't working.

• Paid Members

I just got a part-time job in a local pub while I'm looking for a permanent fixture. So glad I won't need JSA even though I've just started signing on. And they have a quiz night!

If you can present yourself in a semi decent way, have enough self control to deal with the British public at their worst and are able to manage your time then some of those low end chain restaurants like Harvester can be a good money spinner. I worked in one for about a year before moving overseas and actually delayed my future career to cash in on the summer season (I'm from a tourist hot spot) so I could wait tables. Although the hourly wage is low the customer expectations made the job easy for me and within about a 2-3 month period i'd cleared somewhere between 1 and 2 grand in tips. Girls and people who had more hours were smashing me. Even on shit cold rainy days I could pick up an extra tenner at lunch and twenty in the evening. 

I also realised that i'd made more money that year (if I averaged it out) than I did the last year of my own business or when i'd worked with MD's in high pressure marketing roles.