The Why Don't You Get a Job Thread

kendal mint cake

• Paid Members

Www.profitaccumulator.com is the website I use (recommended from somebody on here, in fact). Providing you follow the guide correctly without making any mistakes, you won't lose any money.

Membership is £22.99 a month, but you'll easily make that back. They give you two free offers before you have to sign up which will basically pay for your first month.

A week in, £48 in profit even after spending the £22 for membership. Not sure how long it will work for as the offers must dry up eventually, but I'll enjoy it while I can. Owe you a pint Slappy.

I started it this week after seeing it discussed in this thread, looking at close to £100 profit (that's after the £23 sign up fee too) in 6 days. Not too shabby considering it's not the best time of year for sports betting.

Edited by Juan Manforce

• Paid Members

You move onto the next bookie then eventually go back to the bookies that do offers known as reloads, these are offers like paddy power's bet 20 quid pre match and get 5 quid free in play, money back when 1 leg of an acca lets you down, money back when horses place second etc.

What's the best way of asking your future employer whether everything has gone through successfully on the paperwork/reference side of things?

I need to hand in my notice tomorrow for the temp job but need self assurance that there won't be any issues at the new job as the last thing I need right now is to be out of a job if this one falls through and I then leave the temp job.

Selfish as it sounds I need to be sure that everything is going to be cool, I touched on this before but its for a management position, the contracts and paperwork has been sent, signed & returned, the district manager offered me the role but HR paperwork says its subject to references, probation (which is standard) etc. Is the paperwork more them covering themselves so is standard terms & conditions or will they actually do these checks prior to starting?

Surely it makes no sense to do references once I've already started the job right? So it will have to be in the next two weeks or do we think they will just have them but not follow through with them? I didn't leave on good terms in my last job so I have that horrible dilemma where I have a good opportunity that I don't want to turn down, a fantastic temp job I am gutted to be leaving anyway (in some respects) and the fact I can't afford to be out of a job if I leave one and the new one falls through.

:/

All jobs are subject to reference and they could get rid of you at any time in your probation due to this. Unlikely, but can happen.

Just ask if everything has been received ok and if there's any other information they need? They'll probably have had it all back anyway. Don't stress about it, it'll be fine. Unless you murdered an ex-colleague

After two weeks of hearing fuck all, within the space of two hours today I received 3 calls from agencies in regards to 4 different jobs. One of them I hadn't even sent my cv to, they saw it on totaljobs and got in contact.

Even if fuck all comes of it, it certainly has given me hope again!

As a student I'm now in the fun position of seeking out part time work for the summer, I can't imagine there will be many (if any) desirable jobs going but that's par for the course in the real world, innit? I'm a film student so obviously getting some experience in that line of work would be ideal, not likely though. The matched betting is paying off in the short term at least.

I've done extra work for a couple of TV shows before and the agency I got those jobs through has put me forward for work on a film this month, with any luck I'll hear back about that soon. It's not glamorous work, for example a day on Outlander lasted 13 hours and I was on set for probably 1 of those, but at nearly £100 a day I wasn't complaining.

Was recently made redundant from a tidy management position in British Gas call centre where I done Quality Assurance. After couple months I've had to settle for a job back on the phones (telesales) as couldn't get another management role (call centres tend to promote from within) which I'm enjoying - decent money, relaxed, good laugh, good prospects for promotion and pretty fucking easy to be honest.

I've been asked to go in Friday to a meeting for another telesales jobs with a company that has headhunted me - the OTE would bring me way above what I'm earning and the basic alone would be around what I'm earning but comes with the risk of not enjoying it like I am this job and also seems a pretty difficult job. Do I go for the money or do I stick where I am just down to happiness? Of course I know nothing to say I won't be as happy in this other role.

What kind of sales is it?

I did Insurance sales with British Gas. Currently I'm selling IVA's and Trust Deeds for people struggling with debts, use the term selling loosely as due to criteria it's a product that's for a very specific type of person. The new role I have been headhunted for would be sales for awards shows, live events etc. for a very large marketing company.

• Paid Members

After two weeks of hearing fuck all, within the space of two hours today I received 3 calls from agencies in regards to 4 different jobs. One of them I hadn't even sent my cv to, they saw it on totaljobs and got in contact.

Even if fuck all comes of it, it certainly has given me hope again!

It's good news. Jump on them, ride them till you get an interview, then just keep on at then till you are sorted. You have to be relentless with these swine's. I s out of work 7 months. Got several interviews a week but due to my confidence issues from the shitty way I was treated at my last job, I generally just blew them. Got to the point that id had so many that I knew the answers before they asked them, which led to me on my last week just breezing through them and getting 5 job offers in one day! In short, you will get there, it's just persevering.