Sign in to follow this  
kendal mint cake

The Why Don't You Get a Job Thread

10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

This is your job interview, keep the emphasis on how you're already doing the job and have proven you're ready to step into their shoes.

And stab your friend in the back, then throw him under the bus. Good luck.

10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

This is your job interview, keep the emphasis on how you're already doing the job and have proven you're ready to step into their shoes.

Very much agree with this. Also make note of any specific challenges etc that you've overcome or where you've handled a project while you've been covering to use in the interview. Having specific examples to point to is always great. 

If wrestling has taught us anything, it's that if he gets offered the role, hit him with a steel chair when he's about to sign the new contract and sign your name instead. Legally, they can't do anything.

@Chris B

If wrestling has taught us anything, it's go to the rival company when they offer more money, turn up on the first day and drop your work ID in the bin. 

Edited by Shy Dad

21 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Interview went well, though my voice virtually disappeared a few days ago, which was a problem. Also I managed to big up the other guy going for the role. I'm a moron. 

Great heel move. As Sir Humphrey said: "It is necessary to get behind someone before you can stab them in the back."

I started a new job this week. Still on nights, but now a manager for Morrisons, and got a hefty pay increase as well.

It’s going pretty well and because my ex works in the people team there, it’s made it easier for me to settle in. Poor her having to see my face everyday though, even if it is for 2 minutes as she’s arriving/I’m leaving. 

Might even, fingers crossed, be able to afford a little trip this year.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I started a new job this week. Still on nights, but now a manager for Morrisons, and got a hefty pay increase as well.

It’s going pretty well and because my ex works in the people team there, it’s made it easier for me to settle in. Poor her having to see my face everyday though, even if it is for 2 minutes as she’s arriving/I’m leaving. 

Might even, fingers crossed, be able to afford a little trip this year.

Fantastic news SB, very happy for you, hopefully the start of good things for you 

Can anyone recomend jobs where accommodation is provided? I would love to be an apprentice in the raf or the navy, something like that

I need to move out but cant afford my own place 

just make sure the accommodation isn't the cattle shed please 

Edited by Ralphy

Why not with cattle? Have I missed something mentioned often involving cattle on here?

Anyway, away from that, hospitality tends to have many live in jobs. Hotels often have staff quarters. Or you could go to prison or something, they do three square and a roof over your head.

Edited by PowerButchi

43 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Why not with cattle? Have I missed something mentioned often involving cattle on here?

So my DBS check came through this morning meaning I'm now pretty much ready to move into teaching. 

Funding and accommodation sorted for my move to Walsall, already made some friends this summer there, in Wolverhampton and in Birmingham, have wrestling and music I can go to on weekends so I don't feel lonely and my campus has an Olympic athlete standard gym (we have the UK judo team there) and swimming facilities and stuff so I can look after myself and my mental health.

Considering the mess I was in like six months ago on here with no real purpose, the turn around has been amazing for me to watch. 

Just have to deal with the endless barage of being called Mr Jolly for life now. 

1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Just have to deal with the endless barage of being called Mr Jolly for life now. 

4409d5118a8b867e08c1449dd5459e5fc9f99e79

Real men, champions, intelligentsia, and handsome types would have gone with Mr Jolly from Mr Jolly Lives Next Door.