ric flair done with tna ?

scunny_jim

found this on nodq.com just wondered what everyone thinks

According to sources, people close to Ric Flair and TNA have confirmed that the two sides are at a major impasse, as there is a ton of heat on Flair for conduct outside the ring. One TNA source described the situation as,

TNA needs to give him the boot.

His run in TNA has had its moments.. Flair in his underwear, Flair in a wheel chair, countless blade jobs, Flair Vs Foley and Flair doing a few funny promos but apart from that he has had far too much TV time throughout his run there. As stated in that report he hasn't helped the product, such as guys he has been involved with such as AJ, Fortune and Jay Lethal haven't benefited from him being around.

I'm a Flair fan but when hes only in TNA for the paycheck he really should fuck off. It was nice to see him in Manchester in 2011 for the TNA tour so I'm glad hes been with TNA. His time there has run its course and it seemed like this was inevitable when WWE used him in the HOF

there have also been a number of requests from the network end to keep Flair dressed

WTF. I haven't watched TNA in years - they have Flair in his underwear or flashing his arse on TV? Or is this in the local bars he's flashing space mountain and getting chucked out. That's a bit tragic either way.

• Paid Members
As stated in that report he hasn't helped the product, such as guys he has been involved with such as AJ, Fortune and Jay Lethal haven't benefited from him being around.

Thats all complete shit, though. Jay Lethal was made by Flair only for him to do jobs on TV to Doug Williams as soon as the program was over. Lethal was put over huge in that match he had on PPV and in those funny interview segments. Gunner has benefited incredibly from his association with Flair, since the tail end of last year. And when Flair was taken away from Fortune, Fortune hit the skids at an alarming rate. It was Flair's group and they all had instant credibility being with him. Who was the only person to make Mick Foley look worth while in TNA? Flair. Who did the job for Bobby Roode when Roode was in dire need of a star name putting him over? Flair.

Anytime Flair gets put with someone in TNA, he benefits them. Its not his fault TNA are (or were) awful at following up his tremendous microphone work and his undoubted ability to get these men over. Whatever is said about Flair's personal life, thats fair enough. But they've dropped the ball with Flair so many times in the last 2 years, its shocking. He's a big name and a selfless performer. Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista, Sting, Hulk Hogan and countless others will tell you the same.

• Paid Members

Yeah, its the best place for him. Hogan and Flair are both the same. WWE pretty much owns their whole career. As far as the nostalgia market and putting out products with their face on it, its best for both Hogan and Flair and WWE to be together. WWE were putting out far better nostalgia DVDs in 2005/06 when the lads were both onside.

• Paid Members

Was just about to make a point that Flair has done alot for the performers he's worked with in TNA but Ian put it much better than i was going to. Before Flair, Jay Lethal was floundering as 'Black Machismo'. The act had seriously run its course but as soon as Lethal pulled out the Flair parody and then the segments following with Flair being pissed off brought Lethal back to being entertaining again. Lethal got the win over Flair and started a big push, then dropped off.

Again, the same with AJ and Fortune. Wasnt Flair the one to take the fall from Roode in the Lethal Lockdown with the armbar? (Or maybe just a regular cage match)

As much as people were against Flair wrestling or performing for TNA, he did have a very useful and fun run with them.

Also, it gave us bat-shit crazy, wheelchair bound Flair.

• Moderators
I'm assuming that once he's done with TNA, he'll pop up semi-regularly on WWE TV. Do you think Vince would be interested in giving him a full-time contract in any sort of on-screen role? I can't really see it anymore.

No, but HHH might give him something to do on the new NXT as the GM or something. I mean he's already got

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Dusty Rhodes in that spot.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

If Flair does come back to WWE, that's at least one step in the right direction towards my fantasy scenario of Evolution reforming piece by piece to assist HHH in battling Brock Lesnar, culminating in a returning Big Dave battering Brock and booting him out of the WWE at Mania next year.

Anytime Flair gets put with someone in TNA, he benefits them.

I'd disagree with that.

Lethal did have a humorous feud with Flair the promos were funny as fuck to watch but the matches they had (2 PPV matches was it?) were pretty average. Lethal won the feud if I remember rightly and then went on to win the X-Division it which was a really dull run with the strap. TNA then ended up releasing him. The feud with Flair did well there ey?

Flair/Foley was shite - the match they had at Before The Glory and the feud. Foley then went onto that GM role acted like a cunt on Twitter then left the company.

Has it really benefited Gunner? He has been stuck in an awful angle with that cunt Garrett for a while. I haven't seen him win a match for a while either. Shame really I like Gunner. He looked like a breakout star when he pinned Sting in 2011 on an episode of IMPACT with the F5. Somewhere down the line he lost the TV title in a few seconds and then got in that awful feud with Garrett. Wouldn't say Flair has benefited him either.

You might bring up Flairs alignment with Bully Ray in Immortal with Ray becoming a brilliant heel. But Ray has got himself to where he is by his own graft.

AJ teaming with Flair in 2010 did fuck all either but send his run in TNA down the pan.

• Paid Members
Lethal did have a humorous feud with Flair the promos were funny as fuck to watch but the matches they had (2 PPV matches was it?) were pretty average. Lethal won the feud if I remember rightly and then went on to win the X-Division it which was a really dull run with the strap. TNA then ended up releasing him. The feud with Flair did well there ey?

Again, how is that Flair's fault? He went from a comedy gimmick dressing as Randy Savage, to being more over than he'd ever been and having Flair put him over clean in the middle of the ring on PPV. You're little dissection even says post Flair he died on his arse. Flair made Lethal look better than he had in his whole career by letting Lethal embarrass him on the microphone and then put him over. Afterwards Lethal couldn't (or wasn't allowed to given your opinion) carry the ball.

Flair/Foley was shite - the match they had at Before The Glory and the feud. Foley then went onto that GM role acted like a cunt on Twitter then left the company.

The match and the promo was well received by the live crowd and by the people watching it, and Flair worked super hard in the match. A 61 year old basically worked around Foley's limitations the fans were well into it (which is an achievement in the Impact Zone). And the promo the week before was cracking. You might not like it, but plenty of people did. Also, why are you desperately bringing up what Foley did following the Flair feud? It makes the evidence stack up in favour of the opposite to your argument by pointing out he did far worse after he was separated from Ric Flair.

Has it really benefited Gunner? He has been stuck in an awful angle with that cunt Garrett for a while. I haven't seen him win a match for a while either. Shame really I like Gunner. He looked like a breakout star when he pinned Sting in 2011 on an episode of IMPACT with the F5. Somewhere down the line he lost the TV title in a few seconds and then got in that awful feud with Garrett. Wouldn't say Flair has benefited him either.

So you think Gunner went from nobody security guard bloke, to being paired with Flair for months on the road and didn't learn anything? The fact he's no longer with Flair might have something to do with him not looking half as good as he did a while back. Flair was his mouth piece and cheerleader. Nobody had a clue Gunner was even on the show until they paired him with Flair. When he got attached to Flair, it was a stamp that he was a serious character on the show and not some plumb feuding with Devon.

You might bring up Flairs alignment with Bully Ray in Immortal with Ray becoming a brilliant heel. But Ray has got himself to where he is by his own graft.

If I was going to bring that up, I would have. But I didn't, so why did you? Flair was rarely seen onscreen with Bully Ray anyway. Bully Ray joined Immortal months after the group got together and months after Bully Ray turned on Devon, so I have no idea what relevance that has to do with anything.

AJ teaming with Flair in 2010 did fuck all either but send his run in TNA down the pan.

You hated it so much, you listed this period of time as one of the highlights of Flair's run in your other post. Be consistent, now. This was the wheelchair Flair period.

AJ was doing fuck all in TNA at the time anyway. He was a superbland World Champion doing nothing as a character. Him being with Flair could have been something better than it was, but AJ Styles didn't have Flair presence or star quality, so you could hardly blame Flair. When AJ Styles got together with Fortune, the act was 10 times better because Flair could put the focus on Fortune as his new Horsemen group. And they all benefited from time onscreen with Flair.

Archived