Robin Gibb dies aged 62

Callum1993

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It was a matter of time, sadly. He did well to hang on for as long as he did.I've never been a big Bee Gees fan - not that I think they're awful, mind. But I can appreciate their influence and skill (especially those harmonies); some monster hits they've had, that will live on longer than any of us, which is what any musician is after.

• Paid Members

I'm a fan of the Bee Gees in every era, so sad to only have one of the Gibbs left - "I've Gotta Get a Message to You" is probably my favorite, although it's only last week I was talking about "Night Fever" as one of the greatest songs of all time.

• Paid Members
Sad news this, but it seems to be having a more positive impact on public perception of them as an act. People are falling over themselves to make a point of how ace they were, not just some novelty disco act with silly voices.

On Bee Gee death, there seems no more appropriate forum to mention this. I could be a complete liar (or, my memory could, anyway) but does anybody remember an interview they did after Maurice died where Robin was wearing a WWF/Steve Austin baseball cap? Just an odd little thing that always triggers when somebody mentions Robin Gibb. IIRC, they were pretty pissed off about something to do with it too. R-Gibz had Attitude.

I don't remember the interview but they were incredibly pissed off as Maurice had just gone in for a rather routine surgery and they were accusing the medical staff or whoever of fucking up the surgery and killing him.

• Paid Members

Terrible news, he must have been so strong to fight for so long. You couldn't escape the greatest hits album today, almost everywhere I went it was playing. Favourites are Night Fever, I've Gotta Get a Message To You, Too Much Heaven and actually there are quite a few more that would make the list quite long :/

a great live solo of Robin singing 'I started a joke' too. THATS how you end a song.

That's brilliant :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Was pretty much brought up listening to Bee Gees as my mother was a huge fan. Really sad news but he's with Maurice now which is something he seemed to struggle to get over. My favourite song of theirs is Nights on Broadway.

• Paid Members

Sad news. Cancer is a cunt, I've lost 3 close family members to it in the space of 10 years. Horrible, I think pretty much everyone knows or has been close to someone with cancer at some point. To go on as long as he did with it is amazing.

RIP

• Paid Members

Turned on Daybreak this morning and saw the headline 'Tributes flood in for Robin Gibb' but they were showing some berk doing a news report about it smiling so i was really confused about it untill i put Sky news on.

RIP Robin Gibb.

They played an interview from February 2012 where he was talking about his recovery and he genuinely seemed like he was on the mend. Sad news, he always seemed like a really nice, friendly guy in whatever he did.

I dont know much of their work outside the usual tracks but i always remember my grandad was a big Bee Gees fan so played alot of their stuff when i was a child.

Archived