Robin Gibb dies aged 62

Callum1993

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rob...-at-62-20120520

"Robin Gibb, one-third of the Bee Gees, died Sunday after a long battle with cancer, his spokesperson has confirmed via a statement. Gibb was 62 years old.

"The family of Robin Gibb, of the Bee Gees, announce with great sadness that Robin passed away today following his long battle with cancer and intestinal surgery," reads the statement. "The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this very difficult time."

Two years ago, Gibb battled colon and liver cancer, but despite making what he called a "spectacular recovery," a secondary tumor recently developed, complicated by a case of pneumonia. The singer was hospitalized in mid-April and fell into a coma at one point, although the singer was later said to have regained consciousness and communicated with family members."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think I can safely predict which gag will be most likely to be getting a mod ban in this thread. Which berk will be the first to take the bait?Oh, RIP, too. Not a huge fan but You Win Again is ace.

• Paid Members

I think I can safely predict which gag will be most likely to be getting a mod ban in this thread. Which berk will be the first to take the bait?Oh, RIP, too. Not a huge fan but You Win Again is ace.

There is a load of shit puns available which will all hopefully result in the banhammer. Anyway - A real shame, although he has been ill for ages so not a huge shock. The Bee Gees pre-disco stuff is brilliant. Massachusetts is one of the finest songs ever written. RIP.

• Paid Members

the weirdest thing about this situation is that it all played out in the papers, i didn't really follow it but there was an article a few months back saying how Robin Gibb was seriously ill, then there was this big 'miraculous recovery' story about how he'd beaten the cancer, then he got seriously ill again. Poor guy :(

My favorite band of all time. I was lucky enough to see them live 3 times. I saw them at Wembley Stadium and I also managed to blag tickets for An Audience With.... and The Bee Gee's Top Of The Pops special. Barbara Gibb (The Bee Gees mother) has now out lived 3 of her sons, that must be hard.

My favorite Bee Gee's song...

For Whom The Bell Tolls

• Paid Members

Like his brothers, a really skilled musician who for me gets overlooked on his other work on the strength of how iconic the 'Disco' tunes they wrote were.

I Gotta Get a Message to you is my fave. RIP Robin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...tle-cancer.html

~THE MAIL111!!! has got an article up with the now standard 'Stars lead Twitter tributes' bit, a firm staple of someone's obituary these days.

Sad news this, but it seems to be having a more positive impact on public perception of them as an act. People are falling over themselves to make a point of how ace they were, not just some novelty disco act with silly voices.On Bee Gee death, there seems no more appropriate forum to mention this. I could be a complete liar (or, my memory could, anyway) but does anybody remember an interview they did after Maurice died where Robin was wearing a WWF/Steve Austin baseball cap? Just an odd little thing that always triggers when somebody mentions Robin Gibb. IIRC, they were pretty pissed off about something to do with it too. R-Gibz had Attitude.

On Bee Gee death, there seems no more appropriate forum to mention this. I could be a complete liar (or, my memory could, anyway) but does anybody remember an interview they did after Maurice died where Robin was wearing a WWF/Steve Austin baseball cap? Just an odd little thing that always triggers when somebody mentions Robin Gibb. IIRC, they were pretty pissed off about something to do with it too. R-Gibz had Attitude.

I remember seeing him do an interview on This Morning a few years back wearing a Rock baseball cap.Very sad news, The BeeGees are a legendary band with so many great tunes. RIP.

Archived