Fan Funded Wrestling Project

FFW_UK

Whilst I'm not suggesting the wannabe promoters that come on here in threads like this are a good thing, they're nowhere near as bad as the active promoters using the thread as a fucking cock measuring exercise. It's always the same. Like some sort of nature programme where a bunch of scabby wolves surround and kill a weaker animal, but do it proper savagely for that bit of extra sport. I'd rather read the daft ideas of a naieve hopeful than smart arsed dick waving from local area Vinces with a changing rotation skinny topless lads doing a "grr" face in their sigs.

And if you're reading this thinking it's directed at you, it absolutely is. The best reply to these over-excited kids is no reply at all. Save us all hearing about just how great you are for the British Wrestling industry, as inane a phrase that is anyway.

Oh yeah, and Ian, I'd like to co-promote your Lottery show if it's alright? I would like to suggest ordering some ring carts for the entrances too. And Boss Man goes over in the semi-main.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Instead of entering the valley of the unknown, I would rather buy into a product that was already established with people i trusted.

Thats a bit of a black and white view to take though. If everyone had that view nothing new would ever be established and everything that you consider established already wouldn't have been able to get to that stage.

True, But it would also mean that you could add your money to a successful promotion so together you could raise the bar, Without making the same mistakes or taking bigger risks that your new partners have already done & learned from previously.

Whilst I'm not suggesting the wannabe promoters that come on here in threads like this are a good thing, they're nowhere near as bad as the active promoters using the thread as a fucking cock measuring exercise. It's always the same. Like some sort of nature programme where a bunch of scabby wolves surround and kill a weaker animal, but do it proper savagely for that bit of extra sport. I'd rather read the daft ideas of a naieve hopeful than smart arsed dick waving from local area Vinces with a changing rotation skinny topless lads doing a "grr" face in their sigs.

And if you're reading this thinking it's directed at you, it absolutely is. The best reply to these over-excited kids is no reply at all. Save us all hearing about just how great you are for the British Wrestling industry, as inane a phrase that is anyway.

Oh yeah, and Ian, I'd like to co-promote your Lottery show if it's alright? I would like to suggest ordering some ring carts for the entrances too. And Boss Man goes over in the semi-main.

If you book Teddy Hart's wrestling cats, you'll be guaranteed a big audience.

• Paid Members
Instead of entering the valley of the unknown, I would rather buy into a product that was already established with people i trusted.

Thats a bit of a black and white view to take though. If everyone had that view nothing new would ever be established and everything that you consider established already wouldn't have been able to get to that stage.

True, But it would also mean that you could add your money to a successful promotion so together you could raise the bar, Without making the same mistakes or taking bigger risks that your new partners have already done & learned from previously.

It's not black and white at all. I'm with britishwrestlinglegends. There's a difference between 'new' and 'established'.

Think boxing. When it comes time to hang up the gloves, most boxers turn to promoting. Sure, they're new in that domain, but they're far from established. Maybe not established at promoting, but they know the sport and the industry and more liable of making it a success than a kid who turns up at boxing gym, can't hack it after two sessions and goes out to start his own gym and putting on gym shows.

Archived