Fan Funded Wrestling Project

FFW_UK

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in principle its a reasonable idea. Im in the process of doing something similar to get a fashion collection made and photographed.In order to even start the process you need a clear business plan, details of what you will spend and where etc.People donate to your project & if you dont reach your 100% fund target you dont get a penny. Its only if you get your target that you get the money and you are legally bound by your commitment to what you have promised your sponsors in return.So in terms of a way of funding your business idea its not bad.But as you admit you have no experience you may be shooting yourself in the foot. Perhaps get experience with other promotions, or make your job easier and focus on garnering interest from UK wrestlers. It'll save a fortune on air fares and visas.

Right i wanna get my input on this, the Wrestling Revolution Project itself was just a whole series of TV Tapings and from what i know those are airing on Justin.tv thats not TV that's internet. However this is as you are saying is going to be a "one off" show... so we are funding to go to a once only show which i take it you will be booking and hoping to get said American talents and top UK talents? rsLike i'm saying you are going to put certain matches together... what i'm getting at is surly it would be better for us to know the talents you want, the card you would throw together because lets say you book Harry "DH" Smith who would you book him against, stuff like that. We would be throwing money into a black hole knowing it isn't going to come back. This in my opinion wouldn't work. Like many have said establish yourself by going to shows, trying to get your foot in the door with quality promoters to try and learn the trade and make a reputable name for yourself. Thats my two cents.

A large proportion of UK promotions that dabble with imports lose money

Then they shouldn't be bringing them in...
A lot of UK promotions manage to lose money without bringing imports in, too.
Like your wrestling promotion did.

• Paid Members

A large proportion of UK promotions that dabble with imports lose money

Then they shouldn't be bringing them in...
A lot of UK promotions manage to lose money without bringing imports in, too.
Like your wrestling promotion did.
Indeed. Hence why there wasn't a show two.

• Paid Members

For fuck sake....

There are already too many promotions in the country run by people without enough experience/knowledge/intelligence. Please for the love of god give up on this idea before you damage this already disrespected industry, and leave it to people who don't need to risk other peoples money just for an ego boost.

Archived