Fan Funded Wrestling Project

FFW_UK

I think you people should all send me your money and let me promote a card instead. I'll put it on just after I get back from my holiday in Barbados which I will be newly able to afford by sheer coincidence.Anyway, let me know how WrestleXpress 2K12 gets on.

The holiday thing on fan money has already been done, thats so last year haha

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I don't think this idea will work I actually think it could be a smart move for a starting promoter, as long as some of the funding was used to pay someone who does know how to promote to work as an advisor or something.If you think about it how many people (Mr Rodd I'm looking at you for one) rely on ticket sales to pay talent etc for an event and run into trouble when they have poor advance sales and end up with a complete shambles instead of a show. At least this way the talents expenditure is covered, the venue is covered and most other things are taken care of. Worst case scenario would be your crowd is 100% made up of people who funded the product rather than a paying gate but you haven't lost or you have a minor loss for something you didn't count on and those people still get a show instead of chasing the mysterios financial backer who pulled out.

• Paid Members

Jesus Christ, what is it with wrestling and drawing idiots?You have no experience, and you want the Internet to fund your dreams of playing Vince McMahon? If a fan donates, what do they get for their donations? If your 40 followers donate, surely they'd want a stake in the organisation. And if you have 40 people with different ideas, it's just going to go to hell.Stick to being a fan.EDIT: With regards to a fan-funded show, if it then doesn't draw, you've got no collateral to run another show. It's dead in the water; that money's wasted. There's a reason not many people have done this before.

• Paid Members

As long as either:* the venue and wrestlers are absolutely fine to take a booking on the offchance and will perfectly understand if you don't raise enough cash to go ahead; or* the fans are perfectly happy to commit to buying a ticket despite not knowing the date, venue or line-upthen I can't see how this plan can possible fail.

Stick to being a fan.

This.This is the only advice you should be listening to in this thread.As someone also from the South Yorkshire region who misses the fact that we don't have any worthwhile shows going to in this area, as well as someone who was there for the early and glory days of 1PW, I can empathize with the fact that you'd want those days back.But there's a reason why 1PW failed and there are no British promotions willing to use the amount of imports on the one show like 1PW did. It's just not a sound business model and is doomed to failure.Stick to being a fan and support 'local' promotions like Southside in Nottingham, NGW in Hull, or go even further afield to promotions like PCW, GPW, FSW, FCP, 4FW and my personal favourite promotion in England right now that gives me the quality shows like 1PW used to without being incredibly daft with it, IPW:UK in Kent.

• Paid Members

If I won the lottery, I'd probably run shows just to mark the fuck out. I'd have someone make a belt up, book the Wembley Arena and book Hogan and Warrior in the main event. Give them a million each. Money is thicker than water, so they would never turn that down. Just exploit the shit out of WrestleMania VI. Use my new found wealth to try and whore the Warrior onto shows like Jonathan Ross and stuff. The show would probably lose a shitload, but I would be able to afford it.Not like that has anything to do with this thread, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Its a dream of mine. And with this Kickstarter thing, the dream isn't to far from my reach. Would anyone throw me a few quid to try and make this happen?

Archived