The King of FAT

wisewords

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vader. And that's the end of this thread.

If it was 1995, and we weren't able to see Buddy Rose, Tenryu, Jerry Blackwell, and Lord knows how many others then I'd agree. But you're wrong.
Tenryu's not fat. He's not ripped to shreds, but he's not FAT. I'll grant you that he's awesome, though.Jerry Blackwell never did it for me. He's decent, but he never blew me away.Buddy Rose is one of those guys whom I've only seen when he was REALLY fat and not very good any more. I'm told his old Portland stuff is awesome but I'm just not that into hunting down footage any more.Vader is one of my two or three favourite wrestlers of all time. He was a massive star and ultra-talented in several different styles. I'd rank him highly in any all-time greats list, never mind in an all-time great chubsters list.

Vader's the best without a shadow of a doubt for me. When I've seen his matches outside of WWE, from Japan in the early days and WCW in the early 90s, right through to his late Japanese stuff from around 2000, he just always looked terrifying, always tore into his opponents, always had the crowd raging with excitement. He moved fast but hit hard.

Just look at him against Sting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyhcx_4w_2Y

Check him bumping for Sting's offence at about 8 minutes. It looks like Sting is Mike Tyson - Vader's whole body shakes with the impact. So many big guys struggle with making their opponent look good, as the size mismatch always detracts from the "realism" of the fight. Vader could pound the shit out of you for half an hour, and yet still make you look credible as you fought back.

He arrived in WWF at exactly the right time - just after a whole bunch of bug stars had left. They should have pushed him to the moon and back. He was an international legend.

• Paid Members

When the Boss Man was at his heaviest, he was capable of doing some unbelievable things for a man of his size. He was around 400 pounds at one point. Just a huge specimen of a man. And he took a suplex from the top of a cage. Quite a ridiculous feet for a man of his size. The way he worked in his prime was a joy to watch. The most entertaining squash match wrestler of the 80s as well. Just slapped the fuck out of these lads, and after the match as he had them cuffed to the top rope and beat them with his truncheon would yell stuff like "eat it you stupid puke!".

Also, name another wrestler who sold out large arenas on top with The Rock, Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan? The Boss Man was the daddy. The man also had a bed buddy, released a song produced by Simon Cowell and re-worked by Stock, Aitken and Waterman and was on WrestleFest as well. He went to places most wrestlers never dreamed of. BITW.

• Paid Members
When the Boss Man was at his heaviest, he was capable of doing some unbelievable things for a man of his size. He was around 400 pounds at one point. Just a huge specimen of a man. And he took a suplex from the top of a cage. Quite a ridiculous feet for a man of his size. The way he worked in his prime was a joy to watch. The most entertaining squash match wrestler of the 80s as well. Just slapped the fuck out of these lads, and after the match as he had them cuffed to the top rope and beat them with his truncheon would yell stuff like "eat it you stupid puke!".

Also, name another wrestler who sold out large arenas on top with The Rock, Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan? The Boss Man was the daddy. The man also had a bed buddy, released a song produced by Simon Cowell and re-worked by Stock, Aitken and Waterman and was on WrestleFest as well. He went to places most wrestlers never dreamed of. BITW.

And he'll top it all off with winning the rumble next year.

Hard to argue with The Bossman as one of the best ever, especially while being a really big guy! I even enjoyed his stuff as The Guardian Angel and Big Bubba Rogers.

If you're talking about a fat guy who moved amazingly, I'd go for Bam Bam Bigelow by a whisker over Vader if only because of the greatest carry job in the history of man against Lawrence Taylor. For a fat guy who wrestled like a fat guy, it's probably Earthquake.

Archived