The Rock vs Brock Lesnar

Jetta's G-string

I didn't want to start this in the 'Austin vs Brock' thread and take away from that, so started a new one.I genuinely believe that this match could be the biggest match ever if it was booked soon, maybe Summerslam, while Brock is still big outside of wrestling. These two are big marquee names outside of wrestling so I think if the match was to happen then the media would jump all over it, it would be more than just a wrestling match, it would be UFC gladiator vs Hollywood action hero.Do yo agree or do you think Rock vs Cena was bigger?

the biggest match of all time would of been goldberg v austin in the middle of the monday night wars or even when wcw got brought out! nothing would of ever touched it sadly it will never happen now and if it did it wouldnt really have the same draw now!

• Paid Members

the biggest match of all time would of been goldberg v austin in the middle of the monday night wars or even when wcw got brought out! nothing would of ever touched it sadly it will never happen now and if it did it wouldnt really have the same draw now!

The biggest match of all time was Hogan vs. Andre, and that resulted in the death of the 1,000 plus pounder. Let's not go there again, no match will ever draw a live gate of over a million again, with another 300 million watching on closed circuit from the safety of a giant bunker in the Mojave Desert.

• Paid Members

The biggest match ever was Andre vs Hogan, though. They could never possibly top it, even if there was another boom period. Rock vs Cena was a special attraction that drew because of the names involved. There are loads of matches in wrestling history bigger than Rock vs Cena. Rock vs Cena was like a big advertising sign to attract a load of old fans who were disinterested. Andre vs Hogan was in the middle of a massive period in wrestling and off the back of such a successful event attracted more fans to the promotion. The rematch on the Main Event special drew 33 million viewers. A number which sounds exaggerated for an attempt at humour from RoseFuneral, but it isn't.

• Paid Members

Ive herd zero mention yet of a Brock Lesnar vs Chris Jericho match. That is a big match that has never happened in which they could easily book.

Although I'd love to see it, I wouldn't necessarily class that as a 'big match'. It's certainly not on the same level as the other matches mentioned anyway.

Rock vs Cena could have been much bigger if it had meant a damn thing to Cena. Sure he got outwrestled by the Rock at the biggest stage of them all, but he got his win back over Brock Lesnar (!) and he's back to being Supercena (for the lack of a better term). Hell, this whole divorce could prove to become more of a circus then the wrestlemania main event.4 Months ago he was crying in an empty arena that if he got beaten by the Rock it would be all over. Turned out to be shit. Then Lord Tensai beat him. So now Tensai is back to the midcard.. turned out to mean shit. Brock nearly broke him in half, but Cena got the pin in the end and said he would take some time off. Turned out to be shit.Even though beating Cena seems to be the hardest thing to do for a wrestler in the WWE, actually doing it means absolutely nothing.No match with Brock can be that big anymore in this WWE. They are noselling his attacks left and right and understating his drawing power by saying he's a quitter and a failure.

Ive herd zero mention yet of a Brock Lesnar vs Chris Jericho match. That is a big match that has never happened in which they could easily book.

Jericho's done, mate. They should feed him to Brock, literally.
You know how some wrestlers go away, and when they come back they're hungry, and in shape, and their aura has been enhanced by their absence? Like Rock, Lesnar, Cena after his injury, etc. Jericho's the opposite - every time he goes away, when he comes back he's crapper and I care about him less.

Archived