Butch And D-Mal's James Bond Learning Tree Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Dalton is criminally underrated. License to Kill is a terrific movie. I like Roger Moore, but I think he was just too old by the time A View to a Kill came around. Him looking so accent at times if what stops View to a Kill being my favorite Bond movie. It near flawless except for Moore looking like a pensioner. If Dalton had been given the role of Bond 1 movie earlier, he would have done

At the risk of going against the grain here, my favourite Bond film is definitely From Russia With Love for the following reasons:

- gypsy girlfight

- tear gas booby trap briefcase and pocket sniper rifle

- Ali Kerim Bei... Ali Kerim Bei!!!

- Rosa Klebb and her foot knife and lesbo tendencies

- THAT fight scene in the train

- Speedboat chase

- Gondola snog ending

.. and of course Robert Fucking Shaw playing the ultimate bad guy. He's the anti-Bond, he's also suave and a ladies' man, but he's evil.

• Paid Members

The Lewis Gilbert/Guy Hamilton era Bond films are ace, just about everything since then (with the odd exception) has been largely shit. Best Bond: MooreTheme: The Spy who loved me.Baddie: Blofeld (Donald Pleasance)Henchman: Tee HeeFilm: Live and Let DieI'm also partial to Lazenby and Dalton despite their short stints I thought the films were decent, the Pierce Brosnan era is awful though.

• Paid Members

At the risk of going against the grain here, my favourite Bond film is definitely From Russia With Love for the following reasons:- gypsy girlfight- tear gas booby trap briefcase and pocket sniper rifle- Ali Kerim Bei... Ali Kerim Bei!!!- Rosa Klebb and her foot knife and lesbo tendencies- THAT fight scene in the train- Speedboat chase- Gondola snog ending.. and of course Robert Fucking Shaw playing the ultimate bad guy. He's the anti-Bond, he's also suave and a ladies' man, but he's evil.

You silly sods. It's Goldfinger.

Last couple of Moore films were absolutely rank ("Octopussy" especially.)

All of the Moore films are rank. It's just some old pervert necking with women 1/3 his age, making 90% shit one-liners.
All of your services will not be required any more in this thread and your licence to post has been revoked.Lefty, however, is on reserve to take over this thread should me or Butch or both of us die.

I have seen quite a few of the Bond films with the only holes being the ones with Brosnan in and the last Craig one. At a push I would have to say my favorite bond is Connery but Moore is very close. My favourite film of the series is Live and Let Die. Everything about that film is great. Baron Samedi still gives me nightmares to this day !!!The Bond themes over the years have been great bar a few exceptions in the last few years. I will have to agree with Rosegarden when he said that he favourite theme song is "glang, glang a lang a lang a lang a lang a lang, glang a lang" :sly: Tried to sing it one at karaoke but it was way too high for me, Would have needed to get me nuts in a vice to get that high !Fun Fat Boy Mendoza related James Bond tenuous link: I have just finished working with Michael Apted the director of the World is Not Enough. Kinda wish I had watched his film now !

• Paid Members

It's obviously Live And Let Die at Number 1. I'm also a big fan of Goldeneye (possibly biased due to the N64 game).Plenty O'Toole is an underrated Bond girl. Mainly because she only appears in Diamonds Are Forever for about 10 minutes. Lovely looking lass though. Worst film is Die Another Day. Fucking awful CGI, rubbish villain, an invisible Aston Martin and Madonna. :duh:

• Paid Members

Live and Let Die IS James Bond. it has everythingThe best thing about Moore was the obvious fact that he couldn't give less of a shit during and of the stunt scenes, no one has ever looked more casual and less bothered while bombing it down a mountain on skisJaws should never have got that girlfriend in Moonraker, that was shit (and she was tiny and he would have destroyed her)