Butch And D-Mal's James Bond Learning Tree Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

#MeToo

The top two are interchangeable for me, they're both brilliant. If a Bond ranking doesn't have those in at least the top 3 then it's instantly wrong.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

Live and Let Die is an absolute belter, and The Spy Who Loved Me is great but... Goldeneye and Moonraker?  I'd take View To a Kill over both of those.  Goldeneye is particularly shit, I don't think there's a single really good Brosnan movie.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I loved GoldenEye, shame it was the only decent Bronhom Bond.  TND was half decent but Bronhom suffered from Good Bond, Bad Films overall.

GoldenEye had a lovely old-fashioned feel to the storyline. Exactly the sort of thing the series has forgotten to do.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I don't think anyone in here is against GoldenEye, are they? That loser reviewer for The Guardian didn't like it, though.

Glad to see you're ignoring @Loki's post on it earlier.

• Paid Members

I'd love to see them introduce the new James Bond in the "end-credits" scene that most films these days *must* do. Would mean Daniel Craig would have to "die" or "retire" being James Bond and him to reveal that it's just a name. Idris Elba would make a tremendous Bond.

• Paid Members

Where does "Never Say Never Again" fit in everybodys list? I'd say it's miles better than "Octopussy" anyway, which came out the same time.

I still think it's mad Connery was younger than Moore when that film came out, for some reason.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
On 8/26/2018 at 12:45 AM, martyngnr said:

Goldeneye is great. Any of the doubters in here care to expand on why they don't like it?

I don't hate it, but I just found it a bit underwhelming. A lot of the action scenes are too short and resolved too easily so not enough tension/drama is built up.