Butch And D-Mal's James Bond Learning Tree Thread

Devon Malcolm

I've heard a tune by a chap called Nathan James (a 10-minute epic) called Nothing Can Stop Me, which has never been released to the public, but THAT would make an immense Bond theme.  Pity I can't link it here without getting into some serious trouble ... you'll have to take my word for it.

8 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I'm genuinely shocked that people can think Writing's On The Wall and Skyfall are worse than Madonna circa 2002 and Jack fucking White.

They would have rounded out a Top 5 Worse Bond Themes list for me.

39 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

How appropriate that this thread should resurface on the day Chris Cornell died also. :(

That's why it was.  Honcho reckoned (wrongly) that his was one of the best Bond themes.

• Paid Members

Live and Let Die or View to a Kill are the best ones for me. I'm not a big Bond fan at all, but the themes are somewhat decent. I'm also in the "You Know My Name is one of the better ones" bracket too, to the surprise of nobody.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

My favourite Bond theme memory is when I went to the cinema to see Skyfall.  The second Adele started warbling about half a dozen blokes stood up and went to use the lav instead. This took place approximately three minutes into the film.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I just loved his Bond films. Total escapism and all the more welcome for it. Some of my favourite nights out with friends end with bunging on Live and Let Die, Moonraker or View to a Kill at about 1AM after a few sherberts. You can't help but enjoy the experience, it's all so brazen and bonkers. 

Sad day, I kind of never felt that any of the Bond's would die, as silly as that sounds. There hasn't been a year of my life without a few hours watching Roger Moore in Bond and I doubt there ever will be. 

Edited by Gus Mears