Earworms

Chris B

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Grandstand theme was brilliant, even though it served as a warning. A warning that you were about to endure the Bowl's Championship from fucking Georgia.

Not as much of a warning as the Transworld sport theme! An hour of Kabaddi, lawnmower racing and wheelchair-subbuteo every sunday morning. Brilliant!

• Moderators

I can still remember the incidental music from when they'd do the top 10 rankings from tennis and golf from about 1991.Trans World Sport was pretty great. 10 minute features on players from the Algerian 3rd division of Shinty and stuff.

Just the main tune bit. It started after I was humming 'My Girl' by the four tops a couple of days ago, and my brain somehow made the end of the chorus segue into the start of the grandstand theme, out of nowhere. It's driving me yampy.

Give this a go -
Alan Hawkshaw is a master of earworms. The Channel 4 news theme tune spends far more time in my head than it ever should.

The Grandstand theme was brilliant, even though it served as a warning. A warning that you were about to endure the Bowl's Championship from fucking Georgia.

Not as much of a warning as the Transworld sport theme! An hour of Kabaddi, lawnmower racing and wheelchair-subbuteo every sunday morning. Brilliant!
Fuck me, good old Transworld Sport. The saviour of insomniacs and stoners the world over. Watching Iraqi's attempt to pole vault really did satisfy me as a young man. Then the war happened and I just found it sad.

• Paid Members

"Japanese Boy" by Aneka. And after yet another viewing of Wedding Singer the other night, Video Killed The Radio Star.

Archived