Earworms

Chris B

• Paid Members

What's your current earworm? And what are really bad earworms?Mine is, inexplicably, the theme tune to "Round the Twist", the 80s/90s australian kids show. It's bugging the crap out of me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I've had Little Drummer Boy by Bowie and Crosby doing my swede in for the past 3 weeks or so. Especially the "EVERY CHILD MUST BE MADE AWARE!" bit. When I start singing it over and over again I probably sound like a PSA for not hanging about paedos.

• Paid Members

Mine is, inexplicably, the theme tune to "Round the Twist", the 80s/90s australian kids show. It's bugging the crap out of me.

That theme's been stuck in my head for years now. Its something that occasionally pops into my head every now and again out of the blue. Also the Wheeled Warriors song. In the same league as Stan Bush's The Touch, for catchy 80s pop rock cartoon themes.

• Moderators

What's your current earworm? And what are really bad earworms?Mine is, inexplicably, the theme tune to "Round the Twist", the 80s/90s australian kids show. It's bugging the crap out of me.

Seriously?! You fucking post this on Twitter this afternoon, I just manage to shake it, and now here I am again? :angry:

• Paid Members

Seriously?! You fucking post this on Twitter this afternoon, I just manage to shake it, and now here I am again? :angry:
YES! RESULT!

Just the main tune bit. It started after I was humming 'My Girl' by the four tops a couple of days ago, and my brain somehow made the end of the chorus segue into the start of the grandstand theme, out of nowhere. It's driving me yampy.Edit: I meant the temptations.

• Paid Members

You want to talk sports themes, then the theme from BBC Sports Night is brilliant. It reminds me of going to sleep on the couch when I was little as well. Just floods of memories come back when I hear it.

I've also been listening to an unhealthy amount of doo wop recently. This song in particular:

Archived