FCW Thread

SK8_WAR

Just been watching some Dean Ambrose promos and Bray Wyatt (Husky Harris) and saw a few people mention on here and other places about a lot of good things happening in FCW at the moment.

With Sandow and Cesaro being called up surely it's just a short matter of time before a few others follow suit.

I'm a bit new on the Ambrose love, but think his promos are great and has a certain Pillman-esque quality about them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMjYU87aI5o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyGlsm7u8rQ...;feature=relmfu

Also watched Wyatt's promo a few times and agree with the sentiments that's it both eerie and excellent.

Has WWE ever used a promo done in FCW or OVW on their main show? As I think they should use this one (or maybe re-record it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k07XrroeVpM

Ambrose just had a dark match at Raw apparently against Ryder.

CM Punk seems very big on him. might have to re-christen this thread "The Dean Ambrose Thread"

Feel free to post any news or videos of other FCW stars though...

I didn't see any thread on here, sorry if there is one already.

I'm behind on my FCW, still on early March but not liking the new Husky Harris. I would, it does seem a new twist on an old white trash gimmick but talking about his "daddy" and fires when everyone has had it rammed down their throat on the same TV show for years who his dad is, it's just one of those things that just seems pretty insulting to the audience. I get that this is Bray Wyatt not Husky Harris 2 entirely different characters, but its still hard to seperate one from the other while you watch it just because he changed his shirt.

Seth Rollins also had a dark match where he beat Tyson Kidd. That was a while ago and it didn't lead to him getting called up. On top of that, we just had an influx of new talent thrown up at the same time and none of them have a feud or program yet beyond beating jobbers or lower card talent.I do look forward to seeing Dean Ambrose when he does get the call, I just don't think now is the right time.I watched Kassius Ohno vs Seth Rollins recently. It was alright. I was a big Chris Hero fan when he was on the indies.I also saw a video of Antonio Cesaro vs Richie Steamboat in a 30 minute iron man match, but didn't really fancy watching the whole thing.

I've been enjoying FCW lately, I started watching it because I enjoyed Antonio Cesaro in Chikara and, also, found myself on the Ambrose band wagon after killing a dull night mooching around youtube.

I really enjoy what Dean Ambrose does, whether it translates well on the main shows remains to be seen but I do hope so.

This is probably my fave Ambrose promo from FCW.

Here's a nice Dean Ambrose highlight video, I love the facial expressions before he jumps Regal.

As for Bray Wyatt, I think this is a better promo and also features his debut match...

Time on my side...

Those two aside, I've been impressed with Seth Rollins, I thought he was shit when he showed up in IWA:MS years ago, just all greasy and flippy, he's certainly improved. Though, after 8 years or whatever it's been, you'd hope so. Kassius Ohno is also alright, looks like he smells a bit stale but I enjoy his matches. Damien Sandow is a great character, I was surprised he wore pink though, for some reason.

IRS's other lad and Steamboat Jr look the business too. Also, Paige has looked decent when I've seen her, didn't know much about her before FCW but I always had a thing for her mam. :thumbsup:

Bray Wyatt reminds me of Boyd Crowder (below) from the show Justified, in his delivery and character style. It's very cool. Shades of that "Dixie Mafia" stuff and shady southern biblical traditions. Hope it pans out for him.

tumblr_l3g5frDoHs1qbdajjo1_500.png

• Paid Members

I do look forward to seeing Dean Ambrose when he does get the call, I just don't think now is the right time.

Why? Its all well and good saying it isn't the right time, but why not? And when is the right time?
He's not going to answer you, Ian. Oliver's one of this forum's most underrated idiots. He's been talking absolute bollocks for months now and NEVER replies to anyone pulling him up on his nonsense.

I do look forward to seeing Dean Ambrose when he does get the call, I just don't think now is the right time.

Why? Its all well and good saying it isn't the right time, but why not? And when is the right time?
He's not going to answer you, Ian. Oliver's one of this forum's most underrated idiots. He's been talking absolute bollocks for months now and NEVER replies to anyone pulling him up on his nonsense.
It's not Newman is it?

It's not Newman is it?
No, rather it's the one who used to (maybe still does) have a fetish for stinkfaces, Shark Boy and Mark Sloan.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know whats happening in regards to FCW, I have read that WWE are looking to make changes. The reason I'm asking is because I'm determind to attend a tryout but not sure wether or not the tryout is open to referee's? I emailed FCW asking this question at the begining of the year and got a reply from Steve Keirn who said to email in a few months because 'plans for FCW are still up in the air'I have 4 years experience working as a referee and I've always wanted to attend FCW but I've never been able to get a clear answer on whether or not tryouts are open to referee's.

• Paid Members

He's been doing it for a lot longer than that. He was one of the foremost tools when I first signed up. Used to have a Youtube channel full of webcam reviews of shows too, IIRC. I think people are ignoring him in the hope that he'll slink away again like he did before.

• 2 months later...
FCW's latest taping. Ambrose vs Regal with JR and Dusty Rhodes on commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDlIZBbhUM

Got to feel sorry for JR at the minute dropped as head announcer on raw and forced to sit through NXT and now FCW times are hard I appriciate that his health ain't as good as it used to be but drop cole and put him back where he belongs.

Archived