Who've you met in Britwres and what did you think?

Jetta's G-string

Just wondering who you may have met on the british wrestling circuit and what you thought of them? I met Frankie Sloan recently at an All Star show and chatted to him for a few minutes, he seemed like a very funny guy and very approachable too, spoke to Brian dixon too but he was way to busy to really chat which is understandable. Jonny storm was cool too. Must say i've always had good experiences.

I met most of the pcw roster at the meet and greet before never give up and they were all really nice and great with my 2 young kids who are 5 and 3. Mad man manson was awesome stayed in character the whole time. My lad is 3 and he only watches uk stuff so there his hereo and when he met ruffneck and the hammer his 2 favs he was over the moon .

Few pics

545168_3777515676223_1226791428_3631029_787251561_n.jpg

529885_3835054394655_1226791428_3655206_478542309_n.jpg

549417_3775450864604_1226791428_3629591_965950709_n.jpg

529737_3775412423643_1226791428_3629578_1389192387_n.jpg

Never really got to talk to many but the ones I remember:Nick Riley- came across as a very nice guy but a little awkard, it was in the gents afterall.James Mason- Absolutely lovely man. The Zulu Prince- Again, he was very nice and polite. Can't think of anyone else although you see guys like Karl Atlas around in Bournemouth shows taking pics with kids and talking to fans, I'm just usually in a rush to get out the car park.

some of the guys I have had the pleasure to meet have been from the FWA:A but these are three of the wrestlers which stick in my memory Joel Redman: Is a great guy a technical wrestler and also a funny guy outside the ring (even visited me in hospital)Mark Haskins: Great young talent today and also a funny guy outside the ring (even visited me in hospital)Alex Shane: Meet Alex at revival on my birthday and that has moved into a great friendship outside the ring (10 years strong)and if the other guys are reading this forum apologies words just can't put into context what it meant to me meeting you

Have met quite a few Britwres guys and can't say I disliked any of them.Robbie Brookside was super cool. Got to work a bit with him in the ring many moons ago during a training session and he complimented my ability to sell moves effectively. Result!Mark Sloan. Cool guy. Seeing him deal with some of the characters who attended the same training week I did 9 years ago at the FWA Academy was quite something to see. Sometimes all he could do was sit and laugh to himself as the Irish kid called 'Chico' who believed he was the reincarnation of Razor Ramon and carried a toothpick behind his ear everywhere he went lost his trainee match by frantically tapping out to a wristlock.Aviv Maayan. So quiet and humble, didn't say a word when I kept calling him 'Habib' because I had misheard when someone first said his name. Nice chap. Stevie Knight. Stevie's... Stevie. Anyone who knows him will understand what I mean by that. He can rub people up the wrong way but I always liked him and got along with him, even if he did mercilessly and relentlessly rip the piss out of me during the 6 months I trained with him at the short lived FWA North East. Mick Romeo. I liked him, even if he did wipe snot on my shirt and waft his smelly feet in my face.Alex Shane. A guy who talks quicker than I do (which is some feat). Toured with him for a week about 7 years ago and his ability at getting the rats is/was quite something when you see it in person. Darren Burridge. Super cool. Funny as hell. Charismatic as fuck.Steve Lynskey. Best NOT tell the story about me, him, Jamie Idol, Jamie Idol's girlfriend and JT Ripper in a car on the way back from a show in Sheffield in 2005. You never know who reads these things. Met Nathan Cruz a couple of times and actually worked some holds with him when I stupidly decided to go to a training session a few years ago despite being woefully unfit and broken down. Nice guy. He stood out amongst the trainees even then as a guy who had 'it'.Recently met, and appeared in a student film with, NGW's Matt Myers. Didn't realise it was him at first as he had a beard but we ended up chatting for ages and he is my one wrestler friend who I actually do know on Facebook. Geek claim to fame!

• Paid Members

Wasn't really interested ever in meeting wrestlers, but sometimes it was unavoidable. Spud is a nice, geeky guy. Martin Kirby used to come to shows before he was a worker, and he's a nice guy with a gay voice. Alex Shane used to work out at the gym around the corner from me, and lived two streets over. I've always found him to be a top bloke.

Aviv Maayan. So quiet and humble, didn't say a word when I kept calling him 'Habib' because I had misheard when someone first said his name. Nice chap.

Habib means sweetheart in Arabic. The poor bloke probably thought you fancied him.

Yet to meet someone in the Scottish Scene I didn't like as a person (Well maybee Highlander, but wether he is a nice guy or not means f**k all now). All the girls I met at EVE vs Ice Ribbon were great too and all the people from the NBW-Southside show before that, Mad Man Mason was definately in character though.

As can tell from my sig, Im actually putting together a special blog where people can post their photos meeting various wrestlers and offer an anecdote about about the moment, whether the person was cool, what you said to them etc. If anyone wants to put up their photos and stories for it, feel free to PM me.

Archived