UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 : European Championships

Stinky Dad

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok we have 12....I'll close registration and announce who will be using who later on tonight.There will be 3 groups of 4. The three winners and the best placed runner up across the 3 groups will qualify for the semi finals. Goal Difference will be taken into consideration. Teams will play eachother twice in the group stage.Seeding.As it stands,TOP SEEDSCarmellaisagoddessCWMarkFox PissMIDDLE SEEDSTildeGuyEl Nicko LocoTezzRExxwmxxxstunstone316blackcountrywwfcBOTTOM SEEDSEl EspanacasTUFC fanrohpeteOne top seed, two middle and one bottom seed will make up the groups. Teams will be drawn into groups around midnight this evening. Fixtures can begin from tomorrow onwards. It's up to you guys to arrange your own and choose whether to play two games at once or not.EDIT - The Top seed Draw will be one of Sweden, Denmark and Ireland each.Middle Seed Draw - one of Italy, Portugal, Netherlands, Germany, Russia and Croatia each.Bottom Seed Draw - one of Spain, England and France each.

Sorry about the delay. The draw was made this afternoon (by my mum) and it has thrown up some fantastic potential match ups.The Top seeds were drawn first. First out of the hat was defending champion CARMELLAISAGODDESS and he was drawn into GROUP A. The team he was drawn at random was IRELAND. Next out the hat was CWMARK. He was drawn in GROUP C and he was drawn as team SWEDEN.Finally was FOXPISS, Drawn in GROUP B and drawn as DENMARK. The Bottom Seeds were drawn next. First out was EL ESPANACAS and he was drawn in GROUP B. The team he was drawn as was SPAIN. Next out the hat was TUFC and he was assigned to GROUP C. The team he drew was FRANCE.Finally drawn in GROUP A was ROHPETE and he was assigned ENGLAND. Finally the Middle Seeds. First out of the hat was the returning TILDEGUY, he was drawn in GROUP A and was drawn as RUSSIA. Next out was STUNSTONE316, Drawn in GROUP B. Team drawn as NETHERLANDS.Next out was TEZZREXX and he was dranw in GROUP C, Tezz was drawn out as ITALY.Next out the hat was WMXXX and he was drawn in GROUP C thus completing that group. The team he drew was PORTUGAL.Next out of the hat was BLACKCOUNTRYWWFC and he was drawn in GROUP A and was drawn as GERMANY.Finally, completing the draw and drawn in GROUP B was EL NICKO LOCKO and he was drawn as CROATIA.So the groups look as follows.....GROUP A.-------------Carmellaisagoddess (IRELAND)rohpete (ENGLAND)TildeGuy (RUSSIA)blackcountrywwfc (GERMANY)GROUP B. -------------FoxPiss (DENMARK)El Espanacas (SPAIN)stunstone316 (NETHERLANDS)El Nicko Loco (CROATIA)GROUP C.-------------CW Mark (SWEDEN)Tufcfan (FRANCE)wmxxx (PORTUGAL)TezzRexx (ITALY)So there we have it. As explained earlier each team will play eachother twice in the group stage. Group winner and the one highest runner up over the 3 groups will progress into the semi finals were another draw will take place. If there are two highest placed runners up and they cannot be seperated via GD then there will be a one off playoff. It's up to you guys to arrange games with eachother but if we could possibly get the group games completed in a weeks time that would be lovely. Obviously, like previous seasons post results and scorers up here in this thread.I'd just like to say that it's fucking sods law I get drawn into a group with the old enemy isn't it? Let battle commence!

• Paid Members

Stunstone, we just can't be separated can we? It's fate. I also love how the draw was done by your Mum. Tell her I'm nit impressed with getting Croatia though. I scrolled down team by team and when it came down to the last two, I was convinced I'd be getting Germany. I'm about today as I'm a poorly boy :(

I'm about now if Ireland, England or Germany are about.I don't see myself getting out of the group stage to be honest...

What's your PSN ID? I think I may have deleted you.

• Paid Members

Croatia 0-0 HollandThe old enemies draw a blank in their first of two contest in group D. Holland passed the ball around well, but failed to break the resolve of the Croatian defence. The Croats threatened on a few occasions, but ultimately they'll be the happier with the point. Eduardo had a decent chance right at the end, but ultimately Nicko Loco has to wait a bit longer to gain his first victory over his arch-rival.

• Paid Members

Holland 1-1 CroatiaThere's still no separating these two. Eduardo missed a hatful of chances for Croatia, and after one of them Elia broek free for Holland to score the tournaments first goal. In the second half the tide turned when a moment of madness from the goalscorer saw him red carded for a challenge on Modric from behind. Modric and his compatriots smelled blood and attacked like their lives depended on it, and eventually Modric squared for substitute Jelavic to level things up. There were chances at both ends, but Holland endured more controversy late on after Robin Van Persie also received his marching orders for a similarly innocuous challenge.

Russia 0-2 Ireland Doyle 13' Keane 18'I didn't deserve to win but the ref made sure I wasn't going to, he awarded 2 shocking penalties.

2 dodgy penalty decisions I agree but I only converted 1 of them and missed quite a few other easy chances. Its going to be tough trying to get out of this group with Ireland but made the perfect start!

Russia 0-2 Ireland Doyle 13' Keane 18'I didn't deserve to win but the ref made sure I wasn't going to, he awarded 2 shocking penalties.

2 dodgy penalty decisions I agree but I only converted 1 of them and missed quite a few other easy chances. Its going to be tough trying to get out of this group with Ireland but made the perfect start!
I was unaware we had to play each other twice, you still about?

Archived